Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/9/18 OUFC v Manchester City Match day thread+++

I’m telling you Bazzer I heard it myself, was standing next to the people that were saying it.

I’m not offended by what they were saying, just thought a couple of them were a bit over the top without being funny.
Possible billy bullshit from those standing next to you, as I said no reports. But if it did and the toasters next to you did do it then I’m glad I’m old Skool and just goes to show childish behaviour and that is an embarrassment to the club. What were they singing “ you’re going home in cold mini bus”?

Well if they were in The bullnose then that’s where they stayed. Not seen anywhere near the ground or in town.
Well I heard from a good source a mini bus of Luton fans turned up and gave it a good once over.

Well I heard from a good source a mini bus of Luton fans turned up and gave it a good once over.

Hmmm maybe they did then, but they know the Blackbird is “our” pub. They really haven’t come here since they got battered before the conference game that night ?

Possible billy bullshit from those standing next to you, as I said no reports. But if it did and the toasters next to you did do it then I’m glad I’m old Skool and just goes to show childish behaviour and that is an embarrassment to the club. What were they singing “ you’re going home in cold mini bus”?

Quite possibly could have been making it up, but that is pretty sad in itself. One of that group in particular was bang out of order with a couple of things he said.

It did happen, and they were a total embarrassment. Pathetic little shits.

Hmmm maybe they did then, but they know the Blackbird is “our” pub. They really haven’t come here since they got battered before the conference game that night ?
Fare comment but I had heard something but until last night I heard more

No. It didn’t “kick off” because of the tactics that were used and changed. Why should I lie down and be criticised by people who don’t know the full story? Unless you know something that I don’t? I’m on here to be a point of contact and answer any queries. Which I have done both on here and by those that have privately messaged me and have been quite cordial about it.

I guess it will need a Hillsborough type crush and the ramifications of that, and then you appearing in court 25 years later before you accept any criticism...Lets just blame someone else shall we rather than actually be concerned about public safety...

Yep, to be fair it was an issue started by Billy big bollox driving the city team coach, amplified by the car park stewards probably part overawed part bullied by billy big bollox (they shouldve told him to do one n come back 20 or so mins later- and park pointing the other way closer to the quadrangle) then compounded by OUFC club officials instructing the attrociously parked city team coach to be surrounded by fencing.....ignoring safety implication s involving oufc s paying customers and not considering that with the fence in place behind north stand, the total chaos those actions (fencing off an area around a badly parked coach) would and did cause ..... arrogance and idiocy from Billy big bollox the coach driver who's perspective appeared to be" I drive superstars I do what I want" bullied car park stewards and a seriously seriously bad call by OUFC officials is where the blame lies IMO

Bring back PC Phillips. He played by the rules!!

I guess it will need a Hillsborough type crush and the ramifications of that, and then you appearing in court 25 years later before you accept any criticism...Lets just blame someone else shall we rather than actually be concerned about public safety...

Really?! Wow. Already said there’s learning for the club and ourselves. Clubs event,we support them and will continue to do so. Things have improved at the club under the current safety team and I work with them to assist where we can.

For what it's worth, i pulled a quick picture on paint.

Capture.jpg

Man City bus was roughly within the black rectangle. Barriers represented by red lines, forcing all people coming from the West end of the ground, and those coming from the East end of the ground into the same narrow channel, which was no wider than a single lane for traffic.
There were actually two policemen represented by the purple dots who just stood there, watching everything unfold, and when shouted at to do something replied saying "we can hear on the radio, they're aware".

Not sure who "they're" was referring to but whoever 'they' were clearly wasn't present on the scene to come up with a quick fix.
As part of their role for public safety, I was expecting the two of them to perhaps step in and seek to slow the flow of people becoming squeezed into the gap or even perhaps try and create a type of contra-flow but they essentially did nothing and just watched everything unfold in front of them. Naturally, there were a few shout towards them especially when some children were crying.

Further on, once out of the crush, there was a mother and child taking to a policewoman who again was giving the response "they're aware" and not actively doing anything.

There were a number of Man City fans caught up in the wedge who looked utterly confused as to why they'd been forced to walk around the ground and straight into a huge crowd of fans.

Question for @PC956S - what was the point of these 3 officers? As they clearly were never planned to be directing or assisting the crowds? And they didn't react in any useful way to even attempt to deal with the situation themsleves.

Not a good situation at all and not handled well by OUFC or the police - so much for reactive policing?
As mentioned earlier on, I don't understand why the barriers were across stopping the flow of people - players were barely off the pitch at this point and defintely wouldn't have been boarding the coach within the 10/15mins it takes to clear the majority of the crowd. It was a good job, that there hadn't been a late contentious goal/decision, as I'm not sure all those in the crush would have had remained as calm or as patient as they did do. BIG BIG learning point for all parties.

Really?! Wow. Already said there’s learning for the club and ourselves. Clubs event,we support them and will continue to do so. Things have improved at the club under the current safety team and I work with them to assist where we can.
I think you need to have a word with the safety team and the stewards that are apperntly suppose to be there as they’re not always. They are certainly not very professional in what they do whereas the stewards round the North stand do seem to be on the ball

For what it's worth, i pulled a quick picture on paint.

View attachment 756

Man City bus was roughly within the black rectangle. Barriers represented by red lines, forcing all people coming from the West end of the ground, and those coming from the East end of the ground into the same narrow channel, which was no wider than a single lane for traffic.
There were actually two policemen represented by the purple dots who just stood there, watching everything unfold, and when shouted at to do something replied saying "we can hear on the radio, they're aware".

Not sure who "they're" was referring to but whoever 'they' were clearly wasn't present on the scene to come up with a quick fix.
As part of their role for public safety, I was expecting the two of them to perhaps step in and seek to slow the flow of people becoming squeezed into the gap or even perhaps try and create a type of contra-flow but they essentially did nothing and just watched everything unfold in front of them. Naturally, there were a few shout towards them especially when some children were crying.

Further on, once out of the crush, there was a mother and child taking to a policewoman who again was giving the response "they're aware" and not actively doing anything.

There were a number of Man City fans caught up in the wedge who looked utterly confused as to why they'd been forced to walk around the ground and straight into a huge crowd of fans.

Question for @PC956S - what was the point of these 3 officers? As they clearly were never planned to be directing or assisting the crowds? And they didn't react in any useful way to even attempt to deal with the situation themsleves.

Not a good situation at all and not handled well by OUFC or the police - so much for reactive policing?
As mentioned earlier on, I don't understand why the barriers were across stopping the flow of people - players were barely off the pitch at this point and defintely wouldn't have been boarding the coach within the 10/15mins it takes to clear the majority of the crowd. It was a good job, that there hadn't been a late contentious goal/decision, as I'm not sure all those in the crush would have had remained as calm or as patient as they did do. BIG BIG learning point for all parties.

Officers were placed around the ground. I can’t honestly answer if they didn’t assist or do anything. I’ll be asking questions myself. I can’t answer for them. I know I would’ve acted and did when I arrived.
You’re quite right. There is learning and we will.

I think you need to have a word with the safety team and the stewards that are apperntly suppose to be there as they’re not always. They are certainly not very professional in what they do whereas the stewards round the North stand do seem to be on the ball
Bit like the stewards in the east stand who had a bloke in a double armlock and were walking him out till his mates turned up, then let him go back.

Well obviously they were aware of the hostile atmosphere from their control room, all the cctv (the answer is c?) they have and did respond to any situation that could and did arrive last night, just a case of prioritising. Sarcasm don’t you just love it, no reply required ?

Officers were placed around the ground. I can’t honestly answer if they didn’t assist or do anything. I’ll be asking questions myself. I can’t answer for them. I know I would’ve acted and did when I arrived.
You’re quite right. There is learning and we will.
You can't answer for them, except that you did previously when absolving them of all responsibility! Unless of course we knew something that you didn't, was your challenge! Roll on a few hours and it becomes clear that not only did we (the forum) know exactly where the problem lay, but you knew nothing of this!! That's why you were getting the flack!!

PC956 it is hard to tell from your posts when you or TVP are accountable for your actions, and at when you are simply more hired hands in high viz jackets working for OUFC.
For us mere mortals could you spell out who is ultimately accountable at public sporting events such as football matches at Grenoble Road? Is it OUFC? Is it TVP? Is it the local licencing authority for granting a licence to hold these events in the first place? I am certainly not clear, and suspect others aren't also. To me it definitely isn't the Man City coach driver who was simply doing his job.

PC956 it is hard to tell from your posts when you or TVP are accountable for your actions, and at when you are simply more hired hands in high viz jackets working for OUFC.
For us mere mortals could you spell out who is ultimately accountable at public sporting events such as football matches at Grenoble Road? Is it OUFC? Is it TVP? Is it the local licencing authority for granting a licence to hold these events in the first place? I am certainly not clear, and suspect others aren't also. To me it definitely isn't the Man City coach driver who was simply doing his job.
in this particulur instance billy big bollox driving the city team coach pushed his luck and sparked off the cause of the problem...IF hed waited (or been told to come back in half an hour , park facing the other way, and (much) closer to the Quadrangle, the dangerous pedestrian gridlock there on tues after the game simply wouldnt have happened.... actually @Randomox it was the city team coach driver, playing billy big bollox, and taking the P**s who was the catalyst and cause in the first place

Back
Top Bottom