Home Match Day Thread +++ 25/9/18 OUFC v Manchester City Match day thread+++

It was ridiculous. We pushed through the hedge onto Grenoble Road in the end, so didn't get close enough to see the barriers etc. However, it really was a dangerous situation. There were people there with their kids trying to keep everyone together and then having to force their way through the hedge - in the dark. Elderly people being squashed in the meleé with nowhere to go. It really could have been so, so bad, and I hope the 'enquiry' isn't just window dressing.

I don't care who's fault it was, just don't let it happen again.

I struggle to see what a lot of people have against the safety team at Oxford . A fast moving incident occurred at the ground which all parties reacted to in an attempt to rectify it.

If fans believe that safety is breached at regular fixtures then you can contact the council who issue the safety certificate.

Things have changed at the stadium and I firmly believe they’ve got better, that’s my opinion for which I expect to be chastised about as I’m not supposed to have an opinion, I’m supposed to lie down and take the flak without answering back.

Just want to say thank you to the people that have private messaged me supporting what I’m trying to do by being on here. ie be more visible and a point of contact to build a better relationship between the fans and police.

I’m on here mostly when I’m off duty on my own time and am a little tired of a small minority who only create negativity and twist everything that I say or do.

If anyone wants to private message with a question or query I’ll answer you as it pings up on my work email and I’ll get back to you.
And no I’m not running away or hiding or accepting liability for anything etc etc

I’m a positive person and am in the role in an attempt to build bridges and be more visible but the negativity towards me and the job is draining.
I’ll still be here. Message me with any questions.
COYY

For someone who has faced riots in Belfast, London and around the UK, you really are a sensitive little soul!

The criticism you face is for the crap excuses you come out with and your failure to recognise any fault in a situation that could have become very serious, very quickly.

"A fast moving incident occurred at the ground which all parties reacted to in an attempt rectify it."

Firstly, it wasn't a fast moving incident (or a hostile situation). The North Stand had fencing in place to restrict movement, and this would have been planned days in advance. It would have been obvious that anyone looking to exit from the North Stand, East Stand or the right hand side of the South Stand would need to come past the front of the stadium to access the car park, buses or parking towards Sandford. In addition, anyone from the left hand side of South Stand, or Man City fans parked out towards Garsington would be coming the other way. Footfall through this area would have expected to be several thousand. Yet, you admitted that resources were not deployed to this area in any great number.

Secondly, once the bus and barriers were in place someone must have realised that the situation would quickly become dangerous, yet no one reacted. No personnel were deployed to help people through a very narrow channel. No one looked to move the barriers. No one looked at alternative exits. No one did anything.

So please don't get all precious about getting flak or not having your opinions listened to. You come on here of your own accord and, like all of us, your views will be supported by some and challenged by others. If this negativity is so draining, then maybe you are in the wrong job!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom