Away Match Build Up 25/11/2023 L1: Cheltenham Town v OUFC

Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BristolOx

Thought i’d start the build-up thread as we’re a week away from Des’ first game in charge.
Excited to see how we line up. I would expect we’ll pick one of our 3 starting formations - 4231, 3421 or the hybrid/both where we defend with 4 at the back and attack with 3 at the back.

I’ll post more stats later, but it’s second vs second bottom.

IMG_2886.jpeg

IMG_2887.jpeg

COYY!

edit: there was a poll but it got removed when the threads merged.
edit, edit: found how to add it back in

Last edited:
It doesn't appear that the club thinks Moore is suspended, so hopefully the FA don't disagree!
Stop flapping. If he's suspended, the FA will inform the club. If they haven't done, he ain't.

I thought Moore was banned for this one, I certainly wouldn't want him picking up a booking and missing the Bolton game but as mentioned above there's no way we're going to accidentally play him if he is banned, if the FA site says he's banned then he won't be playing. I assumed he would be missing so had a bit on Negru first goal scorer at 50/1 (anytime is 20's) in his absence.

Surely with the amount of ‘ITK’ posters on here, one of them could send something the other way up the chain and remind the club that Moore may very well be suspended for this game?!

I thought Moore was banned for this one, I certainly wouldn't want him picking up a booking and missing the Bolton game but as mentioned above there's no way we're going to accidentally play him if he is banned, if the FA site says he's banned then he won't be playing. I assumed he would be missing so had a bit on Negru first goal scorer at 50/1 (anytime is 20's) in his absence.
Would any ban be immediate? There used to be a seven day delay.

Would any ban be immediate? There used to be a seven day delay.

We haven’t played in two weeks.

There must an online thing where clubs can check, can’t believe in this day and age that is not a thing. Then again it’s the Football League so maybe I can.

According to footystats Elliott Moore is on 4 yellow cards. Maybe one was rescinded or wrongly recorded on the day and corrected by the referees report?

Looks like he’s available, I can’t recall any errors when a player has played in a league game when he should have been banned. So he must correctly only be on 4 yellows.

With Moore available and Brown going to left back then it will be between Thorniley and Negru for the other centre back spot, hard to know which one a new manager will go with.

Reckon we’ll draw both the Cheltenham and Bolton games.

Predicting 1-1 tomorow, with Rodrigues scoring for the U’s.

Do you really have to preface your posts with 'Christ etc'? It's seems pointless and adds nothing to the comment.

I enjoyed it and it made it more powerful for me. I liked the subtle reference to fiction and reality and how that paralleled with whether it was or wasn’t a yellow card.

It’s going to be really interesting to see what things Des changes and who he favours. Manning obviously liked Bodin and didn’t fancy Murphy, Smyth, or Perkins. Hopefully he’ll carry on from where we were but up the tempo a bit, and not play five at the back in the more winnable home games.

We haven’t played in two weeks.

There must an online thing where clubs can check, can’t believe in this day and age that is not a thing. Then again it’s the Football League so maybe I can.

I meant if Moore gets his fifth booking at Cheltenham will he be available for Bolton

Back
Top Bottom