Away Match Day Thread +++ 25/03/2018 PORTSMOUTH v OUFC +++

I don't blame Mowatt for doing what he did, but that combined with the penalty miss is making his loan being extended more unlikely. Smith-Brown too, I thought he was bad today. Mous and Dickie worked well together and weren't to blame for our goals today.

Thought Henry looked like our best offensive player today, Napa was positive but Thomas looked anonymous. If Mehmeti is ready to start I'd put him ahead of Thomas for Scunthorpe.

The thing that worries me the most about today is that during the best part of an hour that we were totally dominating the game, we still didn’t really look like scoring. Total dominance but totally toothless up front. So in summing up: Stay strong at the back early on - fail. Score when you’re on top - fail. Teams that play pretty football but fail to get results get relegated. I fear this is going to go to the wire.
My biggest worry is we played ok and still did little actual attacking lots of stupid tippy tappy stuff without getting a shot away. We dominated for so long yet did nothing with the ball. Portsmouth more clinical and better defending. They were pretty poor only got 2 points from 12 at home and we still lost to them.

f**k the ref told Mousinho he booked Thompson for the melee and he had already been booked, cheating fucker should have been sent off he had already been booked.

Have to say - Karl Robinson is so much more impressive, imposing and formidable when it comes to speaking to the media. After a season of Clotet’s nonsense and Faz’s dour mumbling it’s a breath of fresh air.

Fair play robinson, that was a decent first interview.

Not sure about his comments about our s**t players though.

My biggest worry is we played ok and still did little actual attacking lots of stupid tippy tappy stuff without getting a shot away. We dominated for so long yet did nothing with the ball. Portsmouth more clinical and better defending. They were pretty poor only got 2 points from 12 at home and we still lost to them.
Exactly. It’s what you do at both ends of the pitch that counts, not how pretty you look. Unfortunately that’s the Pep legacy, hopefully Robinson will expel that influence before it’s too late but, unfortunately, history says that most teams that Pep has has an influence on get relegated

We cannot defend set pieces, we also offer very little cutting edge threat up front and we make too many simple mistakes.

Now that's the facts!

I thought Pompey were a shite team, if the pen was scored I think we could have gone on to win. We dominated for a lot of the game and that's a positive, we move on and I just hope we can get a win on Friday.

I also hope plenty of U's fans attend and back our team.

Bonkers game - thought we gave them an absolute football lesson for an hour.

Mowatt let down his teammates.
Thomas - unspeakably bad performance.

We showed spirit and ability today - but let down badly by certain individual players .

Portsmouth - nothing much but Pittman can finish.

Back
Top Bottom