Home Match Day Thread 24/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Leyton Orient

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where was the support today? Des B going through a bad patch but the support for the team was awful?Why?
All this talk of poor support is infuriating. Fans don’t just show up to games on mass all happy and buoyant. More so at away games but that’s because we’re happy to be on a day out with friends, family or both. Most have had A few jars and we’re on someone else’s manor hopeful of 3 points. Plus all the hardcore fans are in one area.
At home it’s more fractured.
But like away games the atmosphere starts way before the game. A run of great performances or results gets one excited for the game. Great football, goals and win are why we all go to football. When we’ve watched so many boring and poor performances who’s going to show up to the game with expectations of victory and excitement inside? Then the game starts and our worst fears are realised again we’ve got to sit there and watch our team be s**t for 90 minutes.
Nobody is going to be jumping about all happy and singing. Sorry it just doesn’t work like that. It is the football on the pitch that fuels the fan’s excitement not the other way around. But I’m not saying fans can’t lift the team, of course they can but we need the football first.

Wow, can’t believe how bad we’ve become, we don’t seem to have a game plan, no strategy, where has our high press and rapid pace passing gone.

Sorry but we have the talent to be top 2 this season, so frustrating as will be a huge opportunity missed - Do we give Des time, do we pull the trigger, no guarantees even then. really don’t know the answer - For a start think Des and the players need a meeting to try and sort everything out….

Then that’s 5 season ticket holders that won’t be renewing, and this is my 62nd year of supporting the club
I will be thinking long and hard about renewing mine and my lads season ticket do I want to depart will over 500 pounds to be bored I just don't like the football if you can call it that what's on offer at the minute

Iam still angry 19 games of poor performance after poor performance, Daryl Clarke had come in at Cheltenham and got them fighting .Des couldnt get this lot fighting out of a paper bag. I've just seen his interview, where is the anger and passion ,could you image Fergie ,anyway Portsmouth, Cheltenham then Bolton coming up how many points coming our way .I wrote the other day these would be season defining and maybe Des defining.Lose all 3 and what do we think will happen

Iam still angry 19 games of poor performance after poor performance, Daryl Clarke had come in at Cheltenham and got them fighting .Des couldnt get this lot fighting out of a paper bag. I've just seen his interview, where is the anger and passion ,could you image Fergie ,anyway Portsmouth, Cheltenham then Bolton coming up how many points coming our way .I wrote the other day these would be season defining and maybe Des defining.Lose all 3 and what do we think will happen
Who would we get if they pull the trigger?

I wonder if the guy at Brighton would have been a good shout?

Sadly expectation has now fallen to a level where losses at Portsmouth and Bolton wouldn’t be a shock and would be accepted. Even a section of the fans would roll over to that because on paper they are difficult games. The reality is when you get one point from 2 fairly routine home games and won just one in 7, he needs to win two of these and draw the other as a minimum to get back on course.

I think we’ll get a point out of these 3 and one of the losses - I’m predicting Bolton - is going to be a real humbling. They should’ve battered us at home. We’re due a 4-0 slapping off somebody the way we’re playing and I fancy it there. Pompey don’t scare me based on previous encounters but I think they brush us aside 2-0 or something and I think Cheltenham will be a low score draw.

I almost think the Cheltenham game is the key one. We’re not winning at Bolton or Portsmouth so that’s a cup final. Failure to win that and it should be curtains for me.

Sadly expectation has now fallen to a level where losses at Portsmouth and Bolton wouldn’t be a shock and would be accepted. Even a section of the fans would roll over to that because on paper they are difficult games. The reality is when you get one point from 2 fairly routine home games and won just one in 7, he needs to win two of these and draw the other as a minimum to get back on course.

I think we’ll get a point out of these 3 and one of the losses - I’m predicting Bolton - is going to be a real humbling. They should’ve battered us at home. We’re due a 4-0 slapping off somebody the way we’re playing and I fancy it there. Pompey don’t scare me based on previous encounters but I think they brush us aside 2-0 or something and I think Cheltenham will be a low score draw.

I almost think the Cheltenham game is the key one. We’re not winning at Bolton or Portsmouth so that’s a cup final. Failure to win that and it should be curtains for me.
Don't say it. Taylor scores against his home town club.

Yeah it was damning as he seemed genuinely confused about how to answer and basically said it’s up to the players to pick the best option. No wonder the players are confused about the game plan
Well he cant coach every pass can he? so it is down to the players to make the right choices, its then down to the manager to drop players who continue to make mistakes.

Lose all three and the season is gone, so pointless getting rid of him much before the summer. He wasn’t my choice and nothing I’ve seen has convinced me he is anywhere near the standard of a manager who is going to get a team into the Championship. At times he looks totally inept. I’m not sure that he has lost the dressing room, more a case of the players are confused with his methods, whatever they are. When Manning came it took a little while to get used to his tippy tappy football at the back, but at least the players understood the plan and the passing was pretty great at times. Now it’s shocking the number of passes straight to the opposition. Yesterday in the second half either Long or Negru failed to find our man standing clear on the touch line, put it straight out of play from thirty yards. Thank goodness we don’t need to sit through any pain this midweek.

Just can't see nothing but 3 defeats sadly ,but football is a funny old game . But it just seems it might be predictable at the minute the way we are playing.

Wow, can’t believe how bad we’ve become, we don’t seem to have a game plan, no strategy, where has our high press and rapid pace passing gone.

Sorry but we have the talent to be top 2 this season, so frustrating as will be a huge opportunity missed - Do we give Des time, do we pull the trigger, no guarantees even then. really don’t know the answer - For a start think Des and the players need a meeting to try and sort everything out….
I’m not sure we have the talent/mentality to be a top six side, never mind a top two side.

Cheltenham does look the game that, given what’s either side of it, will decide if even that feint hope of the play offs is a possibility. I can also see the crowd turning if we lose.

I’m as despondent as most on here at the moment. Reading was as poor as it gets. We weren’t great against Wigan either despite the win.
I can’t see us getting anything at Bolton or Portsmouth, and it would be typical for Matt Taylor to score against us, maybe he wants Buckingham sacked too.
Buckingham has a poor track record but his lack of passion is what upsets me. I can’t imagine Darrell Clarke being passive on the touch line. It’s not working at the moment. The cost of severing ties and already absorbing the cost of signing him in the first place will be huge for a club like us…maybe £1m+

Lose all three and the season is gone, so pointless getting rid of him much before the summer. He wasn’t my choice and nothing I’ve seen has convinced me he is anywhere near the standard of a manager who is going to get a team into the Championship. At times he looks totally inept. I’m not sure that he has lost the dressing room, more a case of the players are confused with his methods, whatever they are. When Manning came it took a little while to get used to his tippy tappy football at the back, but at least the players understood the plan and the passing was pretty great at times. Now it’s shocking the number of passes straight to the opposition. Yesterday in the second half either Long or Negru failed to find our man standing clear on the touch line, put it straight out of play from thirty yards. Thank goodness we don’t need to sit through any pain this midweek.
Leigh passed it straight out too, and he’s gone right off the boil since his injury!

Back
Top Bottom