Home Match Day Thread 24/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Leyton Orient

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This will be the much tougher of the two games we had to win this week. Winning here is a non negotiable and therefore a great test for us mentally as much as anything else.

I predicted a draw in the week and I'm going for another one here, 1-1, Goodwin to score again. I think this Orient side will give us plenty of problems and will be a stark improvement on Northampton who rarely put 5 passes together. Great game in prospect.

There are some interesting fixtures today
Cambridge v Peterborough ( currently 0-0)
Barnsley v derby
Blackpool v Bolton
Stevenage v Wycombe
Oxford v orient ( of course) πŸ˜€

3 points would be massive today for us

I didn't think we played too bad on Tuesday. Sat back far too much in the last 15, but at times, we looked better (if not as well set as under Manning). Fingers crossed, we can start to pull a result out today as we need to start winning a few if we are to have any chance of a play-off place (five draws and one win is, at best, lower mid-table form! So come on, Des and the boys - let's show this league the class we know we have!

Like that starting XI a lot. If Matete plays like he can do the release of Bran and RR should have too much for these. Good wing options too and I like Bodin off the bench. Good replacement options, good to see Steven’s back.

The only thing for me is the continued exclusion of Burey. Can see that it’s probably difficult to include him given existing options still feel he has a lot to offer.

Good to see a pretty strong bench with plenty of options in different positions

Good win for Posh today in the tricky circumstances of a local derby and their recent form.

Teams around guaranteed to drop points today given they’re playing each other so important to pick up some points here.

I’m looking for, and expecting a response from the players after gifting Northampton a point on Tuesday.

A comfortable 3-0 victory. Bodin, Goodwin, Goodrham.
Id literally just got over the Northampton result and you go and mention it.
What are you playing at man??!! πŸ˜‚

Burey’s time at Oxford United is surely over then. I wonder what he did. Shame as he looked promising.

Oh well - a must win game!!

Good win for Posh today in the tricky circumstances of a local derby and their recent form.

Teams around guaranteed to drop points today given they’re playing each other so important to pick up some points here.

Never looked in doubt. They should’ve won 3/4 nil.

Like that starting XI a lot. If Matete plays like he can do the release of Bran and RR should have too much for these. Good wing options too and I like Bodin off the bench. Good replacement options, good to see Steven’s back.

The only thing for me is the continued exclusion of Burey. Can see that it’s probably difficult to include him given existing options still feel he has a lot to offer.
The reason given on Tuesday for Burey's absence was down to numbers as he already had two wingers on the bench. That reason doesn't hold today as Daie is the only wide player on the Bench (and before anyone says it, Bodin isn't a winger).

The reason given on Tuesday for Burey's absence was down to numbers as he already had two wingers on the bench. That reason doesn't hold today as Daie is the only wide player on the Bench (and before anyone says it, Bodin isn't a winger).
Who do you take out for Burey?

Stevens is a wide player who can play anywhere down right.

Back
Top Bottom