Away Match Day Thread +++ 23/11/2019 Southend United V OUFC League 1 +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a professional enough outfit not to take Southend for granted. I think we will have done our homework and look to get the job done first and foremost.

Shame Mackie is suspended, as I think Southend will sit deep, and Taylor won't be as effective as he is against the more open sides.

Eastwood

Long Dickie Mousinho Ruffels

Henry Gorrin Baptiste

Sykes Taylor Fosu

That'd be my lineup against what I expect to be a deep set defensive opposition, though I doubt it's the one KR ultimately chooses.

I'll say 3-0. The first just after half time, forcing Southend to open up to a point where we can get a couple extra in the closing stages.

Henry (pen), Fosu, Sykes

Long aside, I'm predicting okay so far!

reward for a hat trick in the last OUFC match for Hall, ..... a place on the bench

We shouldn't underestimate this Southend team or Sol Campbell. After all he kept Macclesfield up last season against the odds so he knows how to scrap and get a result. Having said that a win for us seems the most likely outcome. 2-0 to us.

Afternoon folks. Is it just me, does this feel like the start of a new season?

Anyway today is the best chance for years to break that Roots Hall bogey. 0-3 to the mighty Yellows

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

a rare away win at Southend today, if one or two other results go favorably, could put the U's into 3rd place come 5pm

a rare away win at Southend today, if one or two other results go favorably, could put the U's into 3rd place come 5pm

Sunderland vs Coventry
Wycombe vs Doncaster
Ipswich vs Blackpool

All games that will help us in one way or another.

IF We don’t win today it will be my fault. I have resisted putting us on my accy all season until today. The more I look at our game the more I can’t see any other result other than an away win. Man for man do they have any players that would get in our team? No they don’t. We got to be professional and make sure that we don’t underperform. COYY 3rd spot tonight would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom