Home Match Day Thread 23/02/2021 L1 OUFC v Portsmouth

Rhoadsey just summed it up perfectly, if we had as much desire in the whole game as we did in injury time. we could have got something out of it. Do you think we will see winnall and taylor start together on saturday. Id like to see it with barker and lee on the flanks and brannigan and Gorin in the middle.

Five points from a possible 24 against the top seven exposes us.

We’re a good side, not a great one though. Our defence has a year less experience than I would like, the midfield misses McGuane and no strikers look capable of hitting form presently. The management is bit naive at times too - a few more ideas for set pieces and changing things up would be good.

All things we can work on. We won’t go down but we won’t go up either. If this side did make the playoffs, we wouldn’t win them. There’s at least seven sides better than us anyway.

A Karl Robinson side going through a bad run of form? Well colour me shocked. Karl has to figure out a way of getting the best out of this side without McGuane. I'm still hopeful of a play-off place, but we can't afford to go on as bad a run as we did at the start of the season, otherwise we'd be playing catchup too late in the season.

We need more in midfield. No options, no forward passing, no bravery. I’d like to see Elliott Lee in there with Brannigan.

Barker needs to start. We looked more dangerous with him and Shodipo on the wings.

Finally, Sam Winnall should get a long, long spell out of the side. If you think Dan Agyei would play as badly as that then you need to give your head a wobble (Karl).

Stevens and Moore good performances, Long to an extent. Apart from that, everyone else average or poor.
Credit to Portsmouth, I don't think they have better players than us, but they play as a better team. Everyone knows what everyone else is doing. Niggling sh*tbags as well, which gets you a lot away from home.

Night folks!

• React
Reactions: QR
Deserved nothing from that game, we were woeful. I don’t get why that urgency we showed in the last five minutes wasn’t there from the off. It’s so infuriating to see us play with some urgency, tempo and passion only in injury time. Tonight showed we just aren’t good enough.

Back
Top Bottom