Home Match Build Up 23/02/2021 L1 OUFC v Portsmouth

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully long is back for this match we need to go out and attack we are at home so need to play like it attract them from the start get in there faces
The team I would start with
Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson ruffs
Brannigan
Sykes Kelly
Shodipo winnall barker
That team should be good enough to beat Pompey

Pompey had a bad result at home to Blackpool so will be out to make amends, sitting on the fence a bit for this one, have to go for our usual result against them, a draw. Would start with Winnall and Lee, think Taylor needs a break, he was getting a little frustrated in the last couple of games with it just not happening for him, dont think the penalty miss helped, would start him on the bench like last season Taylor / Mackie.

Wonder if I can make a killing on pallet sales in the car park tomorrow? Must remember to take ear defenders for that f*****g bell though.

Wonder if I can make a killing on pallet sales in the car park tomorrow? Must remember to take ear defenders for that f*****g bell though.
hope that bookselling Pompey bell end, with his f*****g bell, doesn't rock up in the carpark. Again

My team would be:

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Sykes
Henry Winnall Lee

Subs: Eastwood, Hanson, Forde, Kelly, Barker, Shodipo, Taylor

(Honourable mention for Agyei who I think deserves a place on the bench when Hall gets the nod due to injuries etc. but he’s not better than any of those 6 forwards in the squad)

I think Barker doesn’t look interested when we’re out of possession and with the threat Pompey have down the wings he will leave our full backs exposed whichever side he plays down. Winnall looks to deserve the start off of recent performance levels. Long back in re my point about pompey’s strengths particularly in Curtis.

Compact and hard working XI to keep us in it and bring on our wealth of pace and directness off the bench to bury them.

COYY huge game!

Usual back 4 and keeper with Long back.

Think he’ll go Kelly, Brannagan and Gorrin in the middle.

Sykes and Shodipo wide with Taylor up too.

If we want to get into the playoffs this season, we've eventually got to start winning some games against good teams.

Swindon aside, our record against the bottom clubs this season has been perfect (played 9, won 9 against the bottom third other than the Scum), but our record against the top sides has generally been dreadful.

At home against a Pompey side that has been treading water a little of late would seem like a perfect opportunity to begin to turn that around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom