Home Match Day Thread 23/01/21 L1 - OUFC v Bristol Rovers

I cannot believe you thought Shodipo was ‘ok’ yet Henry, apparently, had good moments? I must have been watching a different game. Shodipo was nothing but trouble on the right hand side and Henry was poor, yet again. He did absolutely nothing.
I think it's been well documented that Henry has been way off his usual standards all season, save for the occasional good performance here and there, which I feel reflects his performance today, as he did have a number of awful moments, and mistakes, and looked out of sorts at times,
but I think people overlook the good work he does with his subtle link up play as well.

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm such a big fan of Henry, and really want him to rediscover the form that's made him such an important player for us over the last few years, that I'm looking on him favourably, whilst overlooking the contribution of Shodipo, who I just felt other than a few useful moments when he switched to the right side in the first half, and then some good tracking back in the 2nd half, only had an OK game, and seemed a bit quiet.

But that's just my opinion, if you disagree, thats fine, all that matters to me is the 3 points, so I'm happy, and enjoying my post match beers!

He has done something then.

Honestly, he looks like I would if I got fit and went on for fifteen minutes. Runs around but has no idea what runs to make or when, slow, no touch... what’s the point?
Couldn't agree more, if he's who we're gonna turn to if Taylor gets injured, we're in trouble.

Excellent result.

Not the best of games, but played some nice football at times, and excellent closing down and winning the ball back.

Good to see Brannagan back, thought he had a good game, and got stuck in well.

Stevens looks very assured, and must surely now be considered our number 1.

Gorrin was excellent, breaks up the play, and gets the team going again so well.

Ruffels looks back to his old self, good defensive work, and got forward well, with a great cross in the first half.

Long is a beast, another solid display, player of the season in waiting for me.

Atkinson is settling in nicely at this level now, with some lovely runs forward, and solid defensively.

Taylor took his goals brilliantly, fully of energy, and was a constant nuisance.

Special mention for Elliott Moore, he's come on leaps and bounds since being given the armband, and reads the game really well.

Kelly frustrates a bit, grew into the game, and played well at times, but can be very wasteful with his passing.

Henry's performance kind of summed up his season so far, some good moments, but also some nightmare moments as well, but still such an important player.

Shodipo was ok, tracked back well at times, but had a pretty quiet game.

Agyei looked useful when he came on, would love to see him get some more game time.

Gutted for Mcguane, looks like he'll be out for a few weeks.

I'm not sure if Winnall has much future, maybe I'm being harsh, but he's had ages to get fit and up to speed, but looks like he can't really run!

All in all a good day at the office, and another 3 points on the board.

Well done Robbo and the lads!

COYY
And, and, and... Gorrin DIDN'T get booked! 😳

In real time I thought 1st goal was a mile off. Replay he looked well on. Either Tis doesn't have video (possible, they are fucktards in North bristol) or im wrong (also possible, i am a fucktard).

In real time I thought 1st goal was a mile off. Replay he looked well on. Either Tis doesn't have video (possible, they are fucktards in North bristol) or im wrong (also possible, i am a fucktard).
Don't be so hard on yourself. Tis is.

I think it's been well documented that Henry has been way off his usual standards all season, save for the occasional good performance here and there, which I feel reflects his performance today, as he did have a number of awful moments, and mistakes, and looked out of sorts at times,
but I think people overlook the good work he does with his subtle link up play as well.

I dunno, maybe it's because I'm such a big fan of Henry, and really want him to rediscover the form that's made him such an important player for us over the last few years, that I'm looking on him favourably, whilst overlooking the contribution of Shodipo, who I just felt other than a few useful moments when he switched to the right side in the first half, and then some good tracking back in the 2nd half, only had an OK game, and seemed a bit quiet.

But that's just my opinion, if you disagree, thats fine, all that matters to me is the 3 points, so I'm happy, and enjoying my post match beers!
Game of opinions, but Shodipo was a constant thorn in Rovers side, attacking, running at them, put one great ball in which someone should have scored from, got one of their players booked early on... whereas Henry did very little, and most of what he did do was poor.

But we won, that’s the main thing!

If they had brains (they dont) they'd get Darrell Clarke back and back him with the budget they don't have

Back
Top Bottom