Away Match Day Thread 09/02/21 L1 - Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signs that we're a class act if we can bounce straight back in this one.

No idea what team we'll start with, I would however be tipping...

Stevens
--
Long Atkinson Moore Ruffels
--
Henry Gorrin Brannagan
--
Lee Taylor Shodipo
--
Eastwood Grayson Sykes Kelly Forde Winnall Barker

Real banana skin, would be delighted to get back to winning ways!

I'd like to see Sykes start for Henry. Give him a chance to show that he is up to the task. Lee and Barker also to start with Shodipo ready to add fresh legs and that killer goal in the latter part of the game. He seems to revell in tormenting defenders but lacks the fitness to last an entire game.

Quietly confident about tonight. I think we can nick a scrappy close fought 1:0 with Matty netting the winner just to torment the Gas. COYY

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Lee Brannigan
Barker Taylor Shodipo​

Subs: Eastwood, Forde, Grayson, Hanson, Sykes, Henry, Winnall

Start with your best team, which I believe is that.

Tell Shodipo and Barker to switch wings every so often. Lee is clearly good enough to play in central midfield. Henry needs a spell out of the team, but by all means give him 20 mins at the end when Lee tires. Get Sykes on for Barker at half time again if needed, five subs mean it’s perfectly feasible to give him just 45 mins if needed.

That side, for me, against a poor Bristol Rovers team at home can hit them on the counter at will and is packed with pace and invention. Couldn’t see anything other than a win.

As for the game, if we do come back and win it shows that we can get over blips and keep going. Would set us up nicely for the Wigan game as well.

Matty with a masterclass in shithousery which will either result in a gas player seeing red or Taylor getting his marching orders.....
3-1 to us. Cam Bran, Moore and Henry with the goals....or possibly Taylor from the spot[emoji16]

meanwhile, back in Oxford at 1pm today ( CPF).... see how work goes & I may take my allowed daily exercise walk to Marston flyover and back, early afternoon :unsure:

tonight's referee is Lee Swabey
in 19 league and cup games this season he's issued 46 yellow cards and no red cards
he officiated the League cup 1-1 home draw with AFC Wimbledon back in Sept last year

What’s the weather like in Bristol? Any chance of it being called off?

Thank god this one is away, working round the corner at unipart till about 7, pass the ground on the way back in a box van with a tail lift, few pallets on on that raised at the fence end and I think temptation would of been to much for me.

I have a bit of a bad feeling about this one for some reason as I can see Taylor being lured into a red and then someone else too (gorrin) if it starts to get tasty.

tonight's referee is Lee Swabey
in 19 league and cup games this season he's issued 46 yellow cards and no red cards
he officiated the League cup 1-1 home draw with AFC Wimbledon back in Sept last year
As long as it’s not Mike Dean or Mason.

Find it hard to believe it will be on. Is there a pitch inspection scheduled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom