Home Match Build Up 23/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Barnsley

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uptheus

I think the wind/weather could spoil the game, but hope we can find a win

Barnsley are flying at the minute but we've had a long rest and 'home advantage'.

Can see it being a scrappy one.

On the evidence of their game against Carlisle, which I’m sad enough to have watched in its entirety, they were very poor.

I think the wind will make it a bit of a lottery, but I’ll go for a 1-0 victory to us.

Prediction: Game postponed. Little bit windy…🌬️💨 officials worried players might ruin their quiffs…

How long are these strong winds expected to go on for?

Has a game at league level ever been called off for "wind" ?

If any of you have a pre match ritual of a pint in The William Morris make other arrangements as its shut for a tasteful refurbishment.

How long are these strong winds expected to go on for?

Has a game at league level ever been called off for "wind" ?
Didn't Swindon do it a few times because one of their stands moved in strong wind?

According to Mrs L, my home made root vegetable soup is the source of the worst kind of wind. :oops:🥴

Yes, Mansfield away, abandoned at half time because of the strong wind. I can't remember which season, but I seem to recall that Howard Webb was the referee.
Wasn’t it around the time the Argentinians arrived? I seem to associate the two events.

Wasn’t it around the time the Argentinians arrived? I seem to associate the two events.
It was March 2004, Atkins had been suspended before then being sacked in April. We went on to lose the game 3-1 once it was replayed.

Am I right in thinking Adam Murray scored direct from a corner when we in the Conference, a booming in-swinger that flew into the net in gale force conditions, somewhere like Weymouth??

Am I right in thinking Adam Murray scored direct from a corner when we in the Conference, a booming in-swinger that flew into the net in gale force conditions, somewhere like Weymouth??

To answer my own question it was against Eastbourne Borough.

Back
Top Bottom