Home Match Day Thread 23/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Barnsley

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Should be our toughest test of recent times this evening if the form table is to be believed

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 17.26.07.png

Very tough game, I'd take a point. 0-0 I reckon.

A point will do if our aspirations are the play offs. If we truly believe the automatics are on then I think we need to win these - or at least most of these - sort of head to heads at home to teams around us. ‘Must win’ is a stupid, over used phrase. There will only ever likely be a couple of ‘must wins’ in an entire season - they will only ever come in the last throws of the season, quite possibly the last game, when you might need a win to go up, secure a play off place or avoid relegation. Any other game, including tonight, can never be described as ‘must win’.

I think this game might get called off. The winds are expected to be about 50 mph which could be dangerous. I vaguely remember an evening game about 15 years ago which was called off because a roof panel was flapping about on the South stand.

If you have to play a football game marred by high winds, I think it’s preferable to play a side who are better than you than one who are worse, as it will be something of an equaliser. It’s also better to play a footballing side rather than a Wycombe or a Stevenage. So it could help us.

Looking forward to it, a game under the floodlights against promotion rivals in winter in s**t weather with only the hardcore home and away fans there, bit of a throwback. As Scrongo says you have to play football in different conditions, this could be a good one to bring the team together and tough out a win, can't wait.

You can't beat a goal scored from the goal keeper, or knocking the ball into the wind, curling into the box. Or booting the ball up the pitch & seeing it come back. It's part & parcel of the game & fun as well as dodgy... we've had one game called off , which in my opinion ,would of got played years ago , now the wind , what next postponed because of leaves on the goal mouth..

Wet, windy, at least it won't be too cold I guess...

Uneventful and scrappy, 1-0 either way.

Anyone know what the attendance is looking like? May decide if I choose to venture out or not.

Wet, windy, at least it won't be too cold I guess...

Uneventful and scrappy, 1-0 either way.

Anyone know what the attendance is looking like? May decide if I choose to venture out or not.
Please come! We are desperate to get double- figures.

I’m not worried at all. We played them off the park at there place.

We should be looking to win these games, especially at home. Anyone taking a point before kick off imo is negative.

3 points is what we need, and should demand.

2-1 Yellows.

Back
Top Bottom