Away Match Day Thread 21/8/21 L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
It's Saturday again :p Lets hope that the injured list is shorter now. A draw would be fine, an win fantastic.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

I would be happy with a draw. It's a shame we got rid of Sean Clare. He obviously was better as midfielder or even a forward, but he would have been a better fit than McNally at right back today.

I would also start Agyei as centre forward as his pace will be useful against Bolton's slowish defence. Also Taylor looked pretty tired against Crewe in my opinion.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE :

Neil Hair, 40, from Stanground , Peterborough will take charge of today’s game at Bolton.
Hair was appointed to the EFL list in 2018-19. Last season he refereed 21 matches and issued 82 yellows
and 2 reds.

LAST THREE OXFORD MATCHES :

October 6th 2020 , EFL Trophy - Oxford Utd 1-1 Bristol R
January 18th 2020, EFL- Gillingham 1-1 Oxford Utd
November 17th 2018, EFL- Oxford Utd 1-0 Gillingham

EOHMDsnW4AAMrwX

Last edited:
Robinson said that a lot of big names won't travel and we'll have to shuffle about with the team, so trying to pick one is almost impossible!

Moore will be back which gives us the opportunity to go three at the back or move McNally to right back, or Forde may be back. Either way, the best way to protect the right back position is to occupy players further up the pitch. So I'd look to start Whyte and get him running Bolton in to the ground!

I'd also look at playing McGuane instead of Henry in the middle three to give a bit more bite. The left wing position depends on the fitness of Holland and Bodin, but sounds like Cooper could be back in the frame. Up front, I think we'll probably start Winnall as he and Taylor are being rotated. He did well against Charlton and Taylor looked tired at the end of Crewe.

Stevens
McNally Moore Thorniley Seddon
Brannagan Gorrin McGuane
Whyte Winnall Cooper

I think it'll be a tight game, with a 1 nil away win from Winnall or Taylor coming off the bench.

BLAST FROM THE PAST : Bolton v Oxford , Burnden Park , April 1997.

EW7qBnIX0AA9LDa

I loved going to Burnden Park. I miss them old stadiums. The Baseball Ground was another I enjoyed visiting. The pitch was always a bit of a quagmire, but proper nice old stadium.

Any kind of result is a good result today. It’ll be interesting to see who’s not on the coach, and whether we get an idea of how long they’re likely to be missing for.

How long until long is back? Its been a long time.
Another week or so. He pushed too hard with his training after the covid lay off and ended up with a minor calf tear. Suspect he'll be back in the trophy game against Cambridge at the end of the month.

I would be happy with a draw. It's a shame we got rid of Sean Clare. He obviously was better as midfielder or even a forward, but he would have been a better fit than McNally at right back today.

I would also start Agyei as centre forward as his pace will be useful against Bolton's slowish defence. Also Taylor looked pretty tired against Crewe in my opinion.
The charlton fans aren’t that over keen on Sean Clare so we’ve done a bit of business letting him go. I don’t think it was a bad thing letting him go

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom