General 2020/21 New Kit

Seems very unusual. In what instances are we going to need an away kit, that WON'T facilitate going immediately to the third kit?

Unless it was demanded by the sponsor, having an orange away kit with our yellow home strip seems absurd.

Seems very unusual. In what instances are we going to need an away kit, that WON'T facilitate going immediately to the third kit?
Shrewsbury maybe? You're right even Burton is probably too similar.

Don't love it. Preferred the special edition shirt a couple of years ago, this one's a bit too bright. Hoping the 3rd is a beaut.

Like it - unsure why this wasn't the third kit though? Anyone know if the third kit is going to to be produced for retail or just for the team use?

Like it - unsure why this wasn't the third kit though? Anyone know if the third kit is going to to be produced for retail or just for the team use?
Retail. The sponsors would have requested three kits in order to maximise brand exposure and subsequent revenue. Im all for it.

Ridiculous. As mentioned, won't be able to wear this v Hull, Blackpool, Burton or Shrewsbury - precisely the teams we won't be able to wear our home kit against...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying homage to club's original colours, but as an away kit this seems pointless. 3rd kit, maybe, but not as the primary away one. Can picture us using our 3rd kit more than this one, whatever colour that may be...

The 3rd kit must have white/light-coloured shorts, as our home and away kits' are dark blue and black. So imagine we will mix this away kit with white shorts at some point. Definitely wouldn't put this with a pair of yellow shorts...but I don't want to see us wearing white shorts as an alternative combination with our home kit, as I've always disliked that...

Ffs this is going to have me fuming all afternoon... #Joking/NotJoking

Last edited:
Ridiculous. As mentioned, won't be able to wear this v Hull, Blackpool, Burton or Shrewsbury - precisely the teams we won't be able to wear our home kit against...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying homage to club's original colours, but as an away kit this seems pointless. 3rd kit, maybe, but not as the primary away one. Can picture us using our 3rd kit more than this one, whatever colour that may be...
I love it....

Why ridiculous?? You have listed 4 away games out of 23. Why not pay homage to our past.

People always find reasons to moan.

I love it....

Why ridiculous?? You have listed 4 away games out of 23. Why not pay homage to our past.

People always find reasons to moan.
Indeed, I love a good moan, particularly when it comes to design and colour-combination, as that's part of my job...

There would be no real need to change from our home kit to this away kit against all the remaining 19 clubs. The only reason we would need an away kit is to contrast another team's light or dark shirts/shorts/socks. This new away combination is too close to our home kit, so would serve no use. For example, many teams wear dark blue/black shorts in their home kit, and in which case we would have to change into a lighter pair of shorts against them, something this kit doesn't offer.

I like the orange as a colour and like the shirt, but if it was *really* a nod back to our past, the trimmings wouldn't be black. AFAIK we have never played in an orange that looked much like that and black.

This should be our home kit which we wore until 1969 ( correct me if i am wrong ) the same colours that Wolves play in. Having supported the club since 1949 i was gutted when they changed, we have had some shocking yellow kits over the years although recent ones have been good.

Back
Top Bottom