Away Match Day Thread 20/02/2021 L1 Ipswich Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich should have won it. Missed 2 sitters. We were fortunate to have got a point we didn't deserve.
"Having ridden their luck, the U’s could actually have ended up nicking this game.

Matty Taylor put a gilt-edged headed chance over, Tomas Holy had to make a smart stop from Winnall and Harrop produced a vital last-ditch block on Liam Kelly at the death. "

And that's from the Ipswich local press!

Unfortunately Calpol is what my children had in expensive bucketfuls lol during their growing up years but this strawberry nonsensical jollop I and many others had over a certain age (late sixties early seventies) was just a 'placebo effect' to make you feel better. Calpers did at least incorporate a mild paracetamol in its makeup. My children seemed to go to that medicinal cupboard more than the food cupboard!!! The knew how to have a good time 🤭

Not a popular view I know, but I thought Liam Kelly offered something extra when he came on yesterday. He looks to move the ball forward quickly and plays well in the hole. In the few minutes he was on he set up a great opportunity for Winnall, found space to get a shot away that was well blocked and had a shout for a penalty. I'm not sure where he fits into a midfield 3, but he's definitely a player who still has a big role to play in the coming weeks.

Not a popular view I know, but I thought Liam Kelly offered something extra when he came on yesterday. He looks to move the ball forward quickly and plays well in the hole. In the few minutes he was on he set up a great opportunity for Winnall, found space to get a shot away that was well blocked and had a shout for a penalty. I'm not sure where he fits into a midfield 3, but he's definitely a player who still has a big role to play in the coming weeks.
Let's face facts, anyone coming on yesterday that could string a pass together or actually control a ball played to them (a rare occurrence) was going to stand out as someone useful.

Suppose he could suit playing at the tip of a diamond!;)

You're a Liam Kelly fan, Mr. Egg, and fair play to you, but he came on in the 88th minute against a tired defence. Under the circumstances, he should have offered something different.

You're a Liam Kelly fan, Mr. Egg, and fair play to you, but he came on in the 88th minute against a tired defence. Under the circumstances, he should have offered something different.
Hasn't always been the case and thought that yesterday showed that he certainly has a role to play. But probably better to just come out comments like "he (alongside several others) should never wear the shirt again!!!"

I agree - he actually did ok. I don’t think he should start, but both him and Henry have impressed coming off the bench in recent games.

Hasn't always been the case and thought that yesterday showed that he certainly has a role to play. But probably better to just come out comments like "he (alongside several others) should never wear the shirt again!!!"
I certainly agree with you about the 'should never wear the shirt again' comments. Some of the remarks about 21 years old Joe Grayson last Tuesday were way less than fair. And that's only one example.

its been brutal. Finally got power back but still no clean water. We were sat in -18 in the dark with no water no power no communication for three days. Proper rough.
Couldn't get hold of my brother in Fort Worth and thought the worst, then he replied to an email to let us know that he was in DC on a job! He left home just as it got bad, never thinking that we might be worried about him. Told us that his house had no power or water, "Texas just doesn't do cold" he explained.

I’ve been thinking about it and I think the pitch had a bit of a role in our trouble. It was rough and bobbly and you could see the ball take an extra half second on long passes on the deck, which we had trouble with. Moving the ball in the air instead was to Ipswich’s advantage (obviously they’ve had to get used to playing on a paddock). The thing I couldn’t understand yesterday is how almost every clearance or rushed forward pass we did went to them. It wasn’t random - it always seemed to break to them. Something about our heading/passing accuracy, or maybe our shape on the pitch creating holes in the wrong place?
The thing I noticed that they seem to win almost every 50/50 midfield tackle and if we did win one the referee gave a free kick against us.

its been brutal. Finally got power back but still no clean water. We were sat in -18 in the dark with no water no power no communication for three days. Proper rough.

That's what it's like over here after Brexit tbf.

I did read that the renegotiation of any trade deal would result in Armageddon.

But at least you had fish.

Nup. Now Marek's fucked off there's no-one to deliver them to Oxfordshire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom