Home Match Day Thread 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town - POSTPONED

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Probably the easiest game of a busy few weeks so would hope we end up walking away with the 3 points.

Fancy Harris to continue his goalscoring form, 2-0 to Oxford

EDIT: And it’s postponed

I'm not joking I've been outside for about 10 minutes with my t shirt on , it not even cold , & I'm not even a Geordie...

I was at the kassam yesterday, everywhere around there was fine defrosted, the football pitch as you cut through the leys to k***m was fine. In fact I was all around Oxford & Kidlington yesterday. Everywhere was quite normal. Where I live is right next to farmer's fields as far as the eye can see. When it's bad , it's bad.. but yesterday & today it's normal..
So, all places that get sun some part of the day, unlike half our pitch.

wonder how the FSA co ordinated, 16th min show of solidarity with the plastics will go down this avo now?

Cue the posts at 3pm saying ‘WTF?! the game should be on now because it’s 6 degrees..’
It was the referees decision. We know how inconcistent they are, no doubt some would have said ok, others do another inspection at 1and others would have called it off.
The priority these days is rightly players safety, back in the days at the Manor, criteria was is the match playable. The key issue will have been will the pitch be playable at 5pm.
Move on, the games off.

Back
Top Bottom