Home Match Day Thread 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town - POSTPONED

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Probably the easiest game of a busy few weeks so would hope we end up walking away with the 3 points.

Fancy Harris to continue his goalscoring form, 2-0 to Oxford

EDIT: And it’s postponed

Interesting, that's now 2 games at this level that have had an AM inspection and will have another look in the PM. Suggests pitches that aren't quite playable now - but likely to be soon.

Ours may be a complete write off of course, but I'd be disappointed if they made the call without considering the likely improvement by this afternoon, as others have clearly done.

Interesting, that's now 2 games at this level that have had an AM inspection and will have another look in the PM. Suggests pitches that aren't quite playable now - but likely to be soon.

Ours may be a complete write off of course, but I'd be disappointed if they made the call without considering the likely improvement by this afternoon, as others have clearly done.

The South Stand is unlikely to move.

That is the problem - creates a very cold spot that is probably 3 or 4 degrees colder than the rest of the pitch.

Should have built it at the Fence End. :)

Agree. Not only is the grass rock hard but it's slippery as hell too. I remember a couple of games when I played youth football and my studs would not go into the grass anywhere on the pitch and some old stud holes would actually be a trip hazard. You'd see even frozen dogshit in some:ROFLMAO:
You needed aluminium studs..

Christ on a bike! So you're saying they've called it off just for shits and giggles? Bastards!
It’s far worse, they actually did it just to annoy several posters on here.

I see no disadvantage from just assuming they did this and going about your day.

Unbelievable!!

The football club knew this cold snap was coming, and yet again they are slow to react. Why do we always act slowly and lethargic in these matters.

They could of sprinkled some Salt or grit on the pitch. Then got the heated covers on to protect the surface.

The irony is it will be rearranged for a freezing Tuesday evening in February.😡
Then it will likely be called off again if the pitch isn’t safe. The safety of the fans is also a consideration.

Although as mentioned earlier, why not play it tomorrow?
Christ on a bike! Behind closed doors you mean? I expect all the office staff, stewards, catering staff, police, special bus drivers, traffic management company etc already have other plans for ttomorrow.And the players.
Although I don't.

They used to get injured then but were given a pain killing injection and told to get out there.
They’re a much more valuable commodity these days. And given the amount they get paid you don’t want them on the sidelines longer than necessary.

FROM THE ARCHIVES

Manor Ground - January 27th 1979

Referee Alan Gunn from Burgess Hill, West Sussex, deemed the Manor Ground pitch playable for the match with high flying Watford.

DXRzsvaXkAIPd5T
If I remember correctly, Watford were flying that season and Peter Foley scored with a last second equaliser. It was bedlam in the London Road

Or maybe medical science has moved on and we're more reluctant to batter players into submission so they avoid long-term health problems? If we don't learn from stories like Dave Langan's, then we're forced to repeat them.
WOKE!!!!!!

Haven't seen you on here for a while Ryanio so hopefully this is a start of your own comeback?
Forum (fan base) fatigue combined with a chaotic personal life that is unlikely to improve any time soon means I don’t really have the will to engage anymore. Still have a read most days though, particularly when I’m stuck at the JR with nothing else to do.

Enjoy your tax return - don’t settle for anything less than absolute satisfaction on the expenses front.

from pre match beers at the 'bird, followed by a home game ( the first in 2024) - my day is now going to be going for a walk round shotover with me partner and her dog

still it does mean no frantic rush post match to get home,changed and head off to Tamworth by 6pm to go & play a few tunes at Dark Horses 6th anniversary allnighter tonight

414706448_6876194785830192_1928813235235609845_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom