Home Match Day Thread 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town - POSTPONED

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Probably the easiest game of a busy few weeks so would hope we end up walking away with the 3 points.

Fancy Harris to continue his goalscoring form, 2-0 to Oxford

EDIT: And it’s postponed

I used to slide tackle , when we used to play football on the concrete streets.
PUSSIES.....

It was so much better back in the old days when footballers congratulated each other for scoring with a manly handshake , or a nod of approval and players would get career ending injuries on a frozen pitch.

If the players have been able to train all week in these conditions, why can't they play today?

f*****g pussy officials these days, players can't tackle, can't answer back or complain, and now they're not allowed to play when it's a little bit cold and the ground is a bit hard.

Wimps.
I don't thing the training pitches have a massive stand blocking out the sun meaning the ground can't defrost.

Also off topic a bit, officials shouldn't be putting up with players answering back and complaining. Discussion is a different thing but that doesn't happen.

It was so much better back in the old days when footballers congratulated each other for scoring with a manly handshake , or a nod of approval and players would get career ending injuries on a frozen pitch.
I think you're find players get more injured nowadays ,than then..

I’m looking forward to all the usual suspects on social media blaming the club for todays postponement
I'm not on social media, can someone stick a message on for me please?

FUK SAKE! Game shudnt' be off just cos the grounds abit hard! There profesional players they shud be abel to play and the club shud have made shore we cud get the game on its a JOKE!!

Go and stand on the pitch, then run and slide on your knees and see how you feel after!

Sounds like your stuck in the 50’s 😂
I (and I suspect many others on this forum) used to play in freezing conditions, when the ground was rock hard, and if you cut your legs up a bit whilst doing slide tackles or whatever, tough, you didn't give a s**t, that was just part of it.

These wimps nowadays could at least play in tracky bottoms and trainers if they're that fussy about cutting their pretty little knees, and let's face it, the only sliding on their knees they do these days is when they ponce about celebrating a goal, so just don't do that and they'll be fine!

I'm not on social media, can someone stick a message on for me please?

FUK SAKE! Game shudnt' be off just cos the grounds abit hard! There profesional players they shud be abel to play and the club shud have made shore we cud get the game on its a JOKE!!
Please put this in English.

Back
Top Bottom