Home Match Day Thread 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town - POSTPONED

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Probably the easiest game of a busy few weeks so would hope we end up walking away with the 3 points.

Fancy Harris to continue his goalscoring form, 2-0 to Oxford

EDIT: And it’s postponed

Pleased to see all of the Medical Experts on here are now switching hats to the ones marked Weather And Pitch Maintenance Experts.

Where did all the body language experts go? I was hoping for a 'Des with hands in his pockets' poll.

Is it because,

a) it's a bit nippy
b) he doesn't give a s**t and all the players hate him

I’m glad it’s postponed. The ground was rock hard yesterday and the risk of players injured is too great. Frost at -7 will penetrate the ground rendering it highly dangerous..
Although as mentioned earlier, why not play it tomorrow?

It was so much better back in the old days when footballers congratulated each other for scoring with a manly handshake , or a nod of approval and players would get career ending injuries on a frozen pitch.
Joking aint ya?!? Players these days are more likely to get injured getting out of bed in the morning or getting out of their fancy cars at the training ground in the summer than they used to be for playing on a frozen pitch back in the day!

Imagine having to tell Briggsy that a game was off because it was a bit cold and the ground was a bit hard!

What is the point of these covers and heaters? Any time it’s gets below zero it’s always called off
They have worked a few times ( was it Grimsby earlier this season)?
I thought that it was said that they work to -6?
It was colder than that on Thursday night so assume that was the problem

They have worked a few times ( was it Grimsby earlier this season)?
I thought that it was said that they work to -6?
It was colder than that on Thursday night so assume that was the problem
I think we need to get it clarified as to what temperature the covers are effective to.

I’ve seen -2, -3, -4 and -6 (not sure I’ve seen a -5, so may be that’s the dodgy temperature)🤣

Back
Top Bottom