Away Match Day Thread +++ 19:10/19 L1 Rotherham United v OUFC +++

Great result and they are playing brilliantly.
Unfortunately a reality check is necessary. Looking at the Tuesday game I would guess that we will end up around 10th. Still close to the play offs though!

Games in hand is one thing, points in the bag is another.

I am sure teams will be taking points off each other so all we can do is keep up the form, add to the points tally and apply pressure to those around us.

Keep it up !! COYY’s

Irrelevant to you maybe! Our fantastic away win was made all the sweeter for me by seeing them concede two late goals.

happy days!

I take your point, but if we had lost today it wouldn’t have been softened by a Swindon defeat.

I don't understand this post. What reality check?
probably refering to the reality that weve played as many as 3 league matches more than some of the other 5 currently in L1 top6 ?

as someone else said in this thread, points in the 'bank' are better than games in hand as some teams will take points off each other

that said tues eve L1 matches may reshuffle a few current league placings from as they stand today

Beating Donny and Rotherham who are good sides at this level is a humongous statement and shows we can physically compete as well as play good football which is what we need for a promotion run. I’ve now got real faith in this team and they are a tight knit unit who won’t be deterred by a bad run. I thought a few weeks ago we couldn’t do better than mid table with injury/suspensions etc. but the bench is proving to be strong and long may it continue. I think keeping Branners, Henry, Fosu and Ruffels fit is a must as well as finding a good replacement for Cadden in January. Can’t wait till the Rochdale game where I hope we’ll go above 8000

Just seen the goals, Eastwood at fault for there goal, should have punched it miles away but got involved in a crowd of players, a keeper should take them all out on his way through.

But our goals were a bit special, Fosu seems to pick out the back of the net at will and Taylor is pure poacher.

I was questioning KR`s credentials a few weeks ago. I am now having humble pie for dinner and supper tonight. Another brilliant result this afternoon.
You and me both. I was too quick to slag him off. Proving to be a great manager.
Wants 10,000 at next game. Wouldn't it be good to achieve that ? Won't happen though unfortunately

Goodness me we have some good players in (and out of) this team. Grit and style in a heady mix, all wrapped up in a fierce work ethic.
If we can somehow keep them together beyond January (Cadden excused) and keep them fit, then I believe that we have an excellent chance of seizing one of the automatic promotion places.
No-one wants to be playing us right now!!!??????

Goodness me we have some good players in (and out of) this team. Grit and style in a heady mix, all wrapped up in a fierce work ethic.
If we can somehow keep them together beyond January (Cadden excused) and keep them fit, then I believe that we have an excellent chance of seizing one of the automatic promotion places.
No-one wants to be playing us right now!!!??????
Good post. Spot on especially the fierce work ethic

A very good away performance.

especially in the second half we put the hammer down and prevented them from playing.

we could have had a few more if now for a few saves and a sloppy final ball. Brannagan especially on the break...however he did get 2 assists today!

Didn’t even notice dickie/Woodburn out...Taylor managed 3 shots in the six yard box. Playing Sykes on the right we lose some of the link up between Henry and Cadden.

all round - a very decent away performance. I think east would could have been better for the goal, however he made a good second half save. He just needs a little more confidence coming for the ball -similar to vs Accrington

What a great result, suppose the moaning little bitches will still be waiting to rear their ugly heads, prices too high, can't drive away from the car park in 5 mins after a game, their wine was too warm. See it's about passion, bursting with pride for your team no matter win, lose or draw!!

Up the U's!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom