Home Match Day Thread 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my second Astra jab in Faringdon. Waiting for the ok to drive home I was approached by a rather odd looking chap who mumbled something about Oxford to me. "Sorry pal, what was that?" He mumbled again and slowly it became apparent that he was a scum supporter asking about the play offs. I smiled, in an understanding sort of way. Poor sod then went onto the subject of Robbie Fowler becoming their next manager, "No chance mate, I heard he wouldn't touch it" He looked disappointed, "not while that prat Power is around, no money you see?" This proved to much for his limited intelligence and he turned and shuffled away. Vaccinated for Covid-19 and nearly infected by a scummer! A very close shave.

Didn't he score 4 against FGR when we took over the whole village lol?
Yes - they kept the home fans in after the game. Singing '5-1 and you can't go home' to the FGR fans was a highlight.

Just had my second Astra jab in Faringdon. Waiting for the ok to drive home I was approached by a rather odd looking chap who mumbled something about Oxford to me. "Sorry pal, what was that?" He mumbled again and slowly it became apparent that he was a scum supporter asking about the play offs. I smiled, in an understanding sort of way. Poor sod then went onto the subject of Robbie Fowler becoming their next manager, "No chance mate, I heard he wouldn't touch it" He looked disappointed, "not while that prat Power is around, no money you see?" This proved to much for his limited intelligence and he turned and shuffled away. Vaccinated for Covid-19 and nearly infected by a scummer! A very close shave.
He'll be reading Proust after he's had the Oxford jab.

FYI. Bus driver tells me Botley Road is closed. May want to leave as earlier as you can this afternoon!

When I lived in Faringdon back in 2003 there was only a few of us Oxford fans and loads of Scummers. Forward to today and Faringdon is unrecognisable to what it once was and is full of Oxford fans. Not only have Scumdon been in our shadow since 2001 they have now lost a feeder town for fans. 😜

Think it will be won or lost depending how the back four cope, we can score goals, the midfield looks strong, but its games like this where maybe an experienced old head like Mous may be needed to keep the youngsters calm under pressure.
????!!!!

When I lived in Faringdon back in 2003 there was only a few of us Oxford fans and loads of Scummers. Forward to today and Faringdon is unrecognisable to what it once was and is full of Oxford fans. Not only have Scumdon been in our shadow since 2001 they have now lost a feeder town for fans. 😜
Thought about buying a house in that neck of the woods recently, then I saw the post code SN7 Couldn't live with that.

I made a point of giving money to a couple of beggars I frequently ignore!

I just hope it is not going to be one of those games when after DA has his customary cameo we dont all demand why he didnt get on sooner. Hopefully he comes on to put the gloss on a stunning victory COYY

Still quite calm at the moment we’ve got nothing to lose being the underdogs

Here we go ladies and gents!
My work trip ended early so I could have gone tonight...

This is a massive, massive game of football.
Arguably the biggest ever game at Grenoble Road.

Sing your bloody hearts out you yellows!
No prediction from me tonight.

I'm a nervous wreck

Full of hope but not necessarily expectation. A good display and hope whatever luck is out there falls our way.

Time going by ridiculously slow for everyone else or is that just me...?

• React
Reactions: m
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom