Home Match Day Thread 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot.flipping.wait!
Odd mixture of calm, yet nervous (if you know what I mean). Not getting huge amounts done today, that is for sure, but I am incredibly happy and grateful that we have a team to support, a team that have performed when the chips were down, who have clearly got a very strong bond between them and have given us hope and an opportunity to dare to dream.

COYYs!

Remember the golden rule. In the play offs, whether home or away, YOU DO NOT LOSE THE FIRST GAME

Lose and the problem is damned near insurmountable.
Win is absolutely great.
Draw and you are still in it.

Lets hope we win..

Can this day go any slower? I keep clock watching while at work and we not even near lunch time yet. šŸ˜‘

Remember the golden rule. In the play offs, whether home or away, YOU DO NOT LOSE THE FIRST GAME

Lose and the problem is damned near insurmountable.
Win is absolutely great.
Draw and you are still in it.

Lets hope we win..

Disagree . Exeter turned over a 2-0 defecit at half time in our second leg with them. The tie is won in the second leg not the first.

Iā€™m excited and confident. In no way am I suggesting that this will be easy, but this is our year, our time and whatever happens tonight, we are going up this year as play off champions.

COY

Di
Disagree . Exeter turned over a 2-0 defecit at half time in our second leg with them. The tie is won in the second leg not the first.
didnā€™t help when our goalie missed one of the penalties

Important news like this should really have it's own thread. Apparently there were Pineapple Jaffa Cakes last year, which just sounds odd to me.
With tasting notes? Recommendations for accompanying such specialities? - A splendid idea sir, I recommend this to the house.

Di

didnā€™t help when our goalie missed one of the penalties

But how many chances did we miss in that first leg and the first half of the second ? . Funny thing was Exeter went to the final and lost anyways .

But how many chances did we miss in that first leg and the first half of the second ? . Funny thing was Exeter went to the final and lost anyways .
Think that was Steve Bashams last time as an Oxford player

Duffy should have won it in extra time, missed a sitter when one on one with the keeper

Yes I do remember like it was yesterday. We also let York beat us the game before the play offs so we didn't have to face them in the play off semi. They went on to lose to morecambe in the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom