Home Match Day Thread 18/5/2021 Play Off L1 OUFC v Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we blow them away and take a 3 or 4 nil lead into the second leg. At the same time I hope we don't get blown away and are still in the tie going into the second leg!

It's going to be tight and tense, wouldn't be surprised if this went down to penalties. Playoffs are to be endured not enjoyed!

A lead of any kind going into the second leg would be great.
But to still be in it within a goal would not be the end of the world either.

I fully appreciate the sentiment behind this but I really don't like this sort of thing taking place during the match. What happens if either team scores or a man gets sent off during the minute?

It just makes so much more sense to do something before the match when everyone can give it their full attention and there's no risk of something happening on the pitch that just leaves everyone confused as to whether they should react to it or not.

I fully appreciate the sentiment behind this but I really don't like this sort of thing taking place during the match. What happens if either team scores or a man gets sent off during the minute?

It just makes so much more sense to do something before the match when everyone can give it their full attention and there's no risk of something happening on the pitch that just leaves everyone confused as to whether they should react to it or not.
The thing is these sort of applause during a game have been happening for some years so if fans do in the 9th they will, hopefully the club can do something on the scoreboard.

Won’t be at the game sadly but will be watching along. All I ask is that those who are going really give it everything on behalf of those who can’t. Cheers!

Bit nervous, but also a quiet confidence. COYY!

I don't mind these sort of things at all. Public recognition of the young lad and no harm to anybody.

We need good performances from everyone and one of our big players to really fire. Excitement is starting to build now

Just having a pre-match breakfast, with a “yellows” theme 😉

Attachments

• E900BE75-07EA-458B-AAC7-392DC3AE01E5.jpeg
    E900BE75-07EA-458B-AAC7-392DC3AE01E5.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 19
Buzzing, woke up about ten past 5 this morning! Lol

Roll on 3pm when i finish work to get up there, i'll be cheering extra for anyone who couldnt get a ticket

COYY

Of course.

Well then I stand by my original comment. Surely a better time to 'publicly recognise' the boy is before the match when everyone in the ground can give it their full, undivided attention? Clapping for a minute whilst mainly paying attention to what's going on on the pitch and then potentially breaking the applause to celebrate a goal doesn't seem like proper recognition to me.

I will obviously clap but I'd be lying if I said I'll be giving much thought to what I'm actually clapping for whilst an important match is taking place in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom