Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/4/2018 Wigan v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

I think we can grab a point but think we might battle a long time after taking a surprise early lead only to concede late on.

Defence is as strong as it can be which is all we need tonight, COYY

Why is IBR there? Like the thought of Carroll as DM and Nelson and Dickie at the back.
IBR is a good prospect. His cut back for ledsons winner at charlton is evidence enough of that. But clearly there are attitude issues and he lacks the game maturity of someone like Brannagan. I went to the Oldham game and he stank the place out. KRs job is to get players up for oufc and not to prepare them for careers elsewhere. I do think KR sees something in him though. Tonight is an opportunity for IBR to rescue things a bit and no doubt KR will have applied carrot and stick to get him up for it.

was planning to go tonight as never been to Wigon, but a struggle with a nasty viral infection put paid to that, think we'll lose without scoring, would love to see us get at least a point and make it better that my body is rejecting everything within it

IBR is a good prospect. His cut back for ledsons winner at charlton is evidence enough of that. But clearly there are attitude issues and he lacks the game maturity of someone like Brannagan. I went to the Oldham game and he stank the place out. KRs job is to get players up for oufc and not to prepare them for careers elsewhere. I do think KR sees something in him though. Tonight is an opportunity for IBR to rescue things a bit and no doubt KR will have applied carrot and stick to get him up for it.
After his attitude at Oldham didn't look like he was bothered. I would've preferred Napa to start atleast we benefit from him starting.

IBR starting as less pressure on him in this game? Or do we need to fulfil a game quota agreement with the parent club?

Think we'll see Martin around the 65th minute or Nelson off for Ledson. KR said on Saturday that Nelson isn't ready for a full 90.

Eastwood
Kane Nelson Dickie riccy
IBR Brannagan Ruffles Carroll
Mowatt
GvK

Shearer Martin Mousinho ASB Hall Mehmeti Obika

Be something like that I expect. Official site names the two man city lads as likely to be involved to my surprise. But if they haven't had a kick up the a**e from their droppings then they never will.
Decent call that

Ride the storm a bit, settle down and we might be in with a shout

So on the face of it we’ve ‘rested’ Mousinho, Henry, Thomas, & Obika, plus Ledson on the bench.

A big game for Carroll to show KR what he’s capable of.

Sorry to p#ss on everyone’s cornflakes but this is one hell of a risk by KR and I can’t help feeling worried. We’re going to what’s effectively a championship side with their tales up and a winning mentality, with a team including players with hardly any match fitness. I suppose it might work with players just happy to be getting game time and keen to impress but I think, despite what Robinson’s saying officially, hes written this game off and already thinking about Donny on Saturday. I really hope I’m wrong and have this post rammed down my throat at around 10pm tonight!

Oh Christ. It's Trevor "The Randomiser" Kettle in the middle.
Awaiting another masterclass of officiating...

Sorry to p#ss on everyone’s cornflakes but this is one hell of a risk by KR and I can’t help feeling worried. We’re going to what’s effectively a championship side with their tales up and a winning mentality, with a team including players with hardly any match fitness. I suppose it might work with players just happy to be getting game time and keen to impress but I think, despite what Robinson’s saying officially, hes written this game off and already thinking about Donny on Saturday. I really hope I’m wrong and have this post rammed down my throat at around 10pm tonight!

Yes, quite a gamble by KR and no doubt he'll face a bit of criticism if we go down heavily. But I do respect him for it - gives some players the chance to show if they're up to the challenge, and hopefully will reap some dividends in the next two matches. Let's hope fortune favours the brave!

So on the face of it we’ve ‘rested’ Mousinho, Henry, Thomas, & Obika, plus Ledson on the bench.

A big game for Carroll to show KR what he’s capable of.
I’m surprised about Henry as he could be the difference

Back
Top Bottom