Away Match Day Thread +++ 17/4/2018 Wigan v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Well after a pretty easy journey I am sat with a refreshingly flat pint of Carlin in the red robin pub by the stadium!

I have a strange feeling we might just go and win tonight.

I have been out though that I had to pay a fiver to park and Chey Dunkley then parks next me and didn’t have to pay a fiver.

I think we’ll go something like

Eastwood
Carroll Dickie Nelson Ricardinho
Napa Mousinho Brannagan Mowatt
Van Kessel Mehmeti

Possibly ASB instead of Rico, possibly Kane instead of Carroll

Chance to try out Mous in CM and hand off the armband to him when Nels is subbed off (I believe KR has confirmed we won’t see Nelson go to 90)

I don’t dislike Mehmeti starting either. He’s terrible on the ball, but as we don’t expect to see masses of the ball in offensive areas anyway. He runs, works hard, has deceptive pace and will definitely unsettle the likes of Dunkley far more than dear old Obika jogging from side to side not effecting the game and trying that one step over move he does in every game.

Personally I’d rather being GVK off the bench when they are are tiring and start one of Thomas/Obika with Agon. Or push Napa forward and play whomever is fittest out of Rothwell/Ledson/Henry as an extra body in midfield.

As others have said, I’d snap your hand off for a point now. And wouldn’t be too disheartened with a 1-goal loss.

Having said all this, by rotating the squad tonight it really does heap the pressure on to get something from Saturday. Hope they’re capable...

Well after a pretty easy journey I am sat with a refreshingly flat pint of Carlin in the red robin pub by the stadium!

I have a strange feeling we might just go and win tonight.

I have been out though that I had to pay a fiver to park and Chey Dunkley then parks next me and didn’t have to pay a fiver.
I hope you kicked his shins.

Where are the mods. Every thread is coming up in the wrong section I have spent two days looking for this one.

The game is live on Talk Sport 2 tonight so you can listen online without a yellow player subscription.

I have a feeling we'll get something from tonight. Don't know why given it's so unlikely but it's just the sort of thing we'd do!

14/1 odds now. Can't remember last time odds were so long for us to win a league game.

Nah, not confident, reckon it'll be about 3-0 to them - including the inevitable Dunkley header for the third.

Would like to see him keep the back line the same as the last few games just to enable them to keep developing an understanding, except maybe include Nelson for part of the game, but certainly keep Kane, Dickie and Rico playing together, as defending well against Donnie and Rochdale, with clean sheets against one or both, should be more than enough to ensure safety.

More flexibility upfield, but I would focus on those that are likely to be here next season, keeeping those that are probably off on the bench....

Where are the mods. Every thread is coming up in the wrong section I have spent two days looking for this one.

Well I'm on holiday and only have my telephone with me. The mod "move thread" option doesn't work on the phone
At least 2 need moving but sorry, I can't do it.
Tonight is the last match during my holiday so normal service will resume Saturday

After a thoroughly enjoyable win against Southend and a strong but ultimately failed one v Fleetwood I think this will be a game too much for us.
Hopefully not a drubbing but probably 2-0 Wigan.

An incredibly hard fought one nil win for the U's. Rothwell for us, nobody for them although Chey will hit the bar with a bullet header. We will all scream at our radios and someone will accidentally kick their cat*. That please. Thanks.

*No cats were injured in the making of this post

One of the shock results of the season as the mighty yellows secure an unlikely 3-0 victory against 10 man Wigan.:)

God I love seeing Nelson's name in the starting XI. Hall on the bench not bad either

Back
Top Bottom