Away Match Day Thread 16/11/22 FA Cup: Woking FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result , very tough and in form opposition on a waterlogged pitch ...a banana skin waiting to happen.
Battled so well and showed some character.
Henry had another 'Wembley ' moment passing when should have shot to make it comfortable but we held on.
Well done lads

Wasn't there tonight. How did young Tyler play? Clearly delighted to see him get the winner

I imagine anyone watching that on a stream would have been very unimpressed with how we played. But honestly, being there, the conditions made playing any kind of football utterly impossible. A midfield three of Bate, MM and Cam would pass rings round most League 1 sides, let alone a NL midfield, but the conditions meant they just couldn't get the ball down. Really good result in the conditions imo.
Wasn't there tonight. How did young Tyler play? Clearly delighted to see him get the winner
My MOTM. His technical ability looks on par with a MacGuane or a Bate, who have between them come through some of the most technically demanding youth systems in world football, and his tenacity and effort is superb. Decision-making, end product and physical strength can, and will, all improve, but what a player we have there. I really think he is so, so good, the fact he's 'one of our own' is just an added (and very welcome) bonus.

Pretty surprised/disappointed that there hasn't been narrative regarding Seddon's chip near the end of the match as he burst through. It was overall a decent performance from Sedds (except for their goal) but he went all Geoff Thomas at the critical moment.

A fine result, onward and upward!

Was that pitch any worse then when it was called off? Nope.

A fine result, onward and upward!

Was that pitch any worse then when it was called off? Nope.

Looked worse to be honest, I bet Woking wished they pushed to play the previous game more now as they would of had a bigger crowd and no need for floodlights.

Watching via a stream.
Decent result against a side on a great winning run
Take outs
Bate, really starting to look a player
McGinity, a great save though KR down played it. Again starting to look a player.
Can someone tell Taylor the offside rules.
Henry while looking fitter still well off the pace.
Browne ditto to Henry.

The squad selected is our best unless the 3 top signings suddenly hand their sick notes in. Not sure it's a top six unless they appear.

Pretty surprised/disappointed that there hasn't been narrative regarding Seddon's chip near the end of the match as he burst through.
Disappointed that we're not critical of a player that had just run for 90 minutes in treacle, that didn't want to get caught in possesion, that had an attempt at goal but wasn't able to make a full contact because the ball got bogged down in the mire?

I know he's the current whipping boy, but hardly a case for the stocks and pillory I'd a thought.....

After getting back, drying out and a few hours Kip, I’d add the following:

- Excellent result against a pretty good Woking side. As the LG1 team in games like that, all you can do is win and so it was job done.
- Best game McGinty has had for us so far. He looked better all round and made one excellent point blank save.
- Tyler Goodrham was MOTM for me and by a distance. His composure and touch in very difficult conditions was exquisite. Until now, I’ve not been sure if he’s really ready and is just being played due to the squad imbalance fiasco. However, on that last night, in what can only be described as ridiculous conditions, he shone through compared to everyone else. We might just have a player there!
- Fair play to the other 840 that travelled. Outstanding numbers for a night like that on an open terrace (albeit 150 or so were in the dry behind the goal).

Huge chance for round 3. Get the pricing right for the 2nd round OUFC - it could just result in a bigger crowd, inspired performance and a plum tie in the third round.

Disappointed that we're not critical of a player that had just run for 90 minutes in treacle, that didn't want to get caught in possesion, that had an attempt at goal but wasn't able to make a full contact because the ball got bogged down in the mire?

I know he's the current whipping boy, but hardly a case for the stocks and pillory I'd a thought.....

This all true. It was still hilarious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom