Home Match Day Thread 26/11/2022 FA Cup 2nd rnd : OUFC v Exeter City

Disappointing attendance. 3995, could maybe understand it if it were against a non league side, i suppose the performance last week against FGR didnt help.
Time we stopped away fans bring those bloody drums
Look at all of the attendances yesterday.
Sheff Wednesday 14k ( with over 3k away fans)
Charlton 3 800, Barnsley 3 900

Not sure I agree. McGuane has been far better in the holding position than further forward last season.
He has had a really good season , so why move him?
Just want to see how he is up front alongside cam with the way he has started this season.
Yes I’m more than happy with him as a defending midfielder.

Just want to see how he is up front alongside cam with the way he has started this season.
Yes I’m more than happy with him as a defending midfielder.
I think McGuane is a better player with the game in front of him rather than searching for small spaces in packed defences. If you push him on, someone else has to go and collect the ball and bring us forward which is easier said than done. Also, while not the stereotypical defensive midfielder, he is the closest thing we have. You’re right though, he is a different animal this year and it would be nice to have the option of putting in a real battler and let Cam and McGuane go forward. We currently lack the option to do anything different in that department. We’re very predictable with our starting line up which makes us very easy to plan for.

Not sure I agree. McGuane has been far better in the holding position than further forward last season.

Yeah, genuinely don't know the answer to this conundrum.

Is he better because he's improved as a player, or because he's playing deeper?

Yeah, people seem obsessed with ideas like "player X is playing really well there, so let's move him somewhere else". See also Ciaron Brown.

Back
Top Bottom