• Sub: O'Donkor

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Sub: Fleming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Johnson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where were long and Moore for arsenal's 1st goal. Having a cup of tea while Two arses had a free header?

Where were long and Moore for arsenal's 1st goal. Having a cup of tea while Two arses had a free header?
Their positions were slightly curious if you watch it back. I thought the same. Very odd not to have our only player with any aerial presence zonally marking that space. Long is a really tidy player on the ball - I wouldn’t mind seeing him have a game in front of the back 4. But he’s not the answer at centre back and we need to get away from that idea as it’s papering over cracks. Centre back wasn’t really an issue not long ago but suddenly it’s looking really unsettled. I don’t know that Findlay would’ve made any major difference but he’s an organiser and much quicker and more mobile than Moore. I feel better about our chances when he plays. I’d like to see him with Long at fleetwood. Moore is proving costly.

Saying all this the delivery was absolutely phenomenal and sometimes you just have to say you were done by a top class delivery.

Their positions were slightly curious if you watch it back. I thought the same. Very odd not to have our only player with any aerial presence zonally marking that space. Long is a really tidy player on the ball - I wouldn’t mind seeing him have a game in front of the back 4. But he’s not the answer at centre back and we need to get away from that idea as it’s papering over cracks. Centre back wasn’t really an issue not long ago but suddenly it’s looking really unsettled. I don’t know that Findlay would’ve made any major difference but he’s an organiser and much quicker and more mobile than Moore. I feel better about our chances when he plays. I’d like to see him with Long at fleetwood. Moore is proving costly.

Saying all this the delivery was absolutely phenomenal and sometimes you just have to say you were done by a top class delivery.
The delivery was a pearler granted but if VAR was used in this match the huge colour picture posted in today's Daily Mirror could/should had led to having this goal chalked and not just for the Andy Pandy infringement that led to the free kick but as the picture shows (sorry cannot upload it because I'm sh*t) the Arsenic player had his poisonous hands twisted in Bodin's shirt for the world to see! However, that apart, we huffed, puffed and for 60 odd minutes we competed in restricting them but without a performance of similar elk to the 2019 Man City match. I hate to say but the 2019/20 squad pound for pound is and was so much slicker and quicker than our current squad. That said I thought Bate and Anderson wouldn't had looked out of place coming on as subs for the gun slingers...so not all bad.

Here's hoping the weather is balmy on Saturday and we can bring home the 3 points albeit with a vest like sun tan.

COYY'S

'FA to investigate allegations of suspicious betting patterns in Arsenal Cup tie'

Dunno if this has been mentioned as I haven't read the last few pages
It's on a separate thread.

Football wise - everyone ( incl management) can be proud of their efforts, we dealt comfortably with everything they could muster for an hour or more, and kept trying to get something back even after the game had gone.

Pluses - great coverage across all platforms (ITV, BBC match report, talksport build up and commentary) of the stadium banner and background; interesting to hear across the same platforms how we as a club are regarded, particularly in terms of how we try to play; minutes for the youngsters

Negatives - the disrespectful attitude of the arsenal players ( most notably the time spent lining up for kick-off after scoring (I actually timed the 3rd goal and it was 1m 45secs before they were ready) :
After already having to pay the £30 to become a member in order to get the tickets, I now have a £70 parking ticket for parking on the verge and the cost of replacing a burst tyre to add on top
You should have been at the Exeter game easily two minutes before they were ready to kick off.
The ref even pointed at his watch to them

Sorry about the fine and tyre, interesting how they are there for the games they know we will get 10k and above

Football wise - everyone ( incl management) can be proud of their efforts, we dealt comfortably with everything they could muster for an hour or more, and kept trying to get something back even after the game had gone.

Pluses - great coverage across all platforms (ITV, BBC match report, talksport build up and commentary) of the stadium banner and background; interesting to hear across the same platforms how we as a club are regarded, particularly in terms of how we try to play; minutes for the youngsters

Negatives - the disrespectful attitude of the arsenal players ( most notably the time spent lining up for kick-off after scoring (I actually timed the 3rd goal and it was 1m 45secs before they were ready) :
After already having to pay the £30 to become a member in order to get the tickets, I now have a £70 parking ticket for parking on the verge and the cost of replacing a burst tyre to add on top

Good job.
Double yellows or other parking restrictions apply to verges and pavements as well.
One of my pet peeves are people that think "I`ll just dump the car here and rip the verge up or block the pavment because I can`t be ar**d to find somewhere legal to park".

When I`m in charge there will be loaders driving round removing cars from pavements and verges and impounding them for an exorbitant release fee. :)

Good job.
Double yellows or other parking restrictions apply to verges and pavements as well.
One of my pet peeves are people that think "I`ll just dump the car here and rip the verge up or block the pavment because I can`t be ar**d to find somewhere legal to park".

When I`m in charge there will be loaders driving round removing cars from pavements and verges and impounding them for an exorbitant release fee. :)
Was it you that did the tyre then? 😁

The group chat is from essex brown isn’t even from Essex that guy put “mate” acting like he knows him the wet wipe

Moore gets blocked off and Long gets pushed out of the way by Eleneny.
Reminded me a bit of how Dunkley scored his goal v Wycombe when we got promoted.
"streetwise" attacking

Back
Top Bottom