Away Match Build Up 16/11/22 FA Cup: Woking FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If tomorrow is called off then it will get move to a week today, then if its a draw the replay will have to be when the second round match is supposed to be played. With the third round not till January I suppose no real hurry yet though. I am ten miles away from Woking at work and its pissing down so I wouldn't discount it being called off again.
it doesn’t look good at all today. Tomorrow looks a bit more settled. Just hope we can get it out of the way to avoid awful fixture congestion

It may not suit the romantics but, surely the sensible option is to play the tie at Grenoble Road? Income for Woking would be greater, the chances of the game being played better and Oxford is not so far away from Woking as to deter too many "home" fans.

It may not suit the romantics but, surely the sensible option is to play the tie at Grenoble Road? Income for Woking would be greater, the chances of the game being played better and Oxford is not so far away from Woking as to deter too many "home" fans.
Logistically not feasible with a day's notice based on the need for hundreds of staff to be present.

Logistically not feasible with a day's notice based on the need for hundreds of staff to be present.
Of course, but it could be something should tomorrows game be postponed. (Weather forecast is fairly grim with heavy rain from 6pm onwards.)

Or just play the bloody match on a wet pitch, like the good old days.

Ah yes, until the woolly liberal H&S legion got involved ably supported by ambulance chasing lawyers...
Bit of water - call it off someone might get muddy.
Bit of snow - call it off someone might fall over outside.
Bit of frost - call it off someone might get cold hands.

Look at some of these................ :)

Ah yes, until the woolly liberal H&S legion got involved ably supported by ambulance chasing lawyers...

Some of those are amazing.. I remember playing on pitches like that as a kid... ball getting stuck in the mud, falling over in it... kids today are missing out

I have a feeling the match will be played on a pitch that will be no better than it was on the Sunday it was called off, meaning we could of just played that day.

Indeed although it has probably been helpful for us to be playing it this week rather than on the original date.

Of course, but it could be something should tomorrows game be postponed. (Weather forecast is fairly grim with heavy rain from 6pm onwards.)
Just looked. It has been raining non-stop in Guildford all morning so I expect similar in Woking, forecast not good for tomorrow in Woking.

You got that the wrong way round. Litigation didn't assist modern H&S 'wooly liberalness', it caused it!

It amazes me how few people see this blindingly obvious fact.

if it gets called off tomorrow - will it be rescheduled for the round 2 weekend- ar will the FA in their 'wisdom' insist on it being played midweek before then - IF there's a 'free' midweek date ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom