Away Match Build Up 16/11/22 FA Cup: Woking FC v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it has stopped raining here in Guildford, nice and sunny, so hopefully will give the Woking pitch a chance to drain off before tomorrow's next downpour.

[/QU
if it gets called off tomorrow - will it be rescheduled for the round 2 weekend- ar will the FA in their 'wisdom' insist on it being played midweek before then - IF there's a 'free' midweek date ?
"And it rained for forty days and forty nights". That might well put us in the Third Round draw. Premier team at home, weather permitting.

Well it has stopped raining here in Guildford, nice and sunny, so hopefully will give the Woking pitch a chance to drain off before tomorrow's next downpour.

Do they not have covers to run water away from the pitch?

It may not suit the romantics but, surely the sensible option is to play the tie at Grenoble Road? Income for Woking would be greater, the chances of the game being played better and Oxford is not so far away from Woking as to deter too many "home" fans.
Did the FA stop that practice where a smaller club could play their home tie at their opposition’s because of the finance that could be generated because of the size of the opponent.
I maybe wrong, I know that has happened in the past but sure they had changed that practice.

Did the FA stop that practice where a smaller club could play their home tie at their opposition’s because of the finance that could be generated because of the size of the opponent.
I maybe wrong, I know that has happened in the past but sure they had changed that practice.
Yes they have - matches can now only be switched on safety grounds/police advice

Spoke to Woking fc today on any likelihood of another postponement. They said they have a cover on the pitch and no planned pitch inspection. However, he promised that if there was to be an inspection they would have this done earlier than the last time to stop the majority of Oxford fans from travelling. I did point out that there is expected heavy rain late afternoon/early evening and he said atm the pitch was in perfect condition and can only go on what is happening as of now.

I said we are in the open terrace and asked if there was any chance of moving if the rain is heavier than the ex Southend United physio. He said it would be very unlikely due to FA rules but did say they might be able to extend the area of seating given over to OUFC to accommodate but only if it is exceptional. As for brollies they will not allow any golfing ones but small to standard umbrellas only.

He did say though which I thought was extremely reasonable that if the game got postponed before 7 that I could trade our match tickets in for a 'restricted view' ticket at the New Victoria Theatre in Woking just in time for the curtains to go up or down in 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'....luvverly jubbly....might just pop along then.

Soz...the last bit is a load of clap trap.

COYY'S

Living around ten miles away from Woking, there was torrential rain this morning and with further heavy rain forecast I don’t Woking will go ahead with it.
I hope we do play. I won’t make any decision to see the game until around 500pm

5 changes for me.

McGinty
Anderson Moore Findlay Seddon
Brannagan Bate
Henry Browne Goodrham
O’Donkor

Rest Eastwood, C’Brown, McGuane, Bodin & Taylor.

5 changes for me.

McGinty
Anderson Moore Findlay Seddon
Brannagan Bate
Henry Browne Goodrham
O’Donkor

Rest Eastwood, C’Brown, McGuane, Bodin & Taylor.
I think he’ll keep Easty as he may want to try and keep the momentum going with a win plus also the money aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom