Home Match Day Thread +++ 16/03/2019 OUFC v Bradford City match day thread +++

How can he allow the game to go on though and only discuss a potential penalty after we’ve scored... awful refereeing.
Looking at a clip on Twitter, none of the Bradford players were shouting for a pen at the time. And it didn't look like they should have either. If the goal kick shouldn't have been taken why wasn't the game stoped much earlier?

Oh s**t apparently there can’t be any players in the penalty area when a goal kick is taken, or it has to be retaken, and there were still some in the box when our goal kick was taken. So it should have been retaken, and the goal disallowed. Jesus.
Not quite. Opponent players should not be in the area when the goal kick is taken. If an opponent player is in the area and then touches or challenges for the ball, the goal kick is retaken. So in this case, it was fine as their player was on the floor and not involved. Very good quick thinking by Eastwood.

How the fans reacted after the win was like we are going to be playing lg one next season ....step one of another 8 steps...in deep shyte still

It was never going to be disallowed for a penalty, but for having players in the penalty area. I just don't see how you can have the game go on for 45 seconds and bring it back for a wrongly taken goal kick.

Brilliant ending, though, wasn't it!
Defo one to remember!

Where to begin? I can see why Bradford would be unhappy (but I cannot give a flying feck) but the issue is with how selectively rules are applied in games. Their 21 was lucky to be on the pitch as was 40 - bet Bowyer isn't moaning about that - and Caddis should have been booked for diving. If the Assistant Referee had such an issue with that goal kick, he could have waved his flag to stop the game at the time, but the Ref was in the box and let it go. It seemed strange to suddenly question it after the goal. As for the Bradford player with the penalty. Do P**s off.

For everything, lots of snatched shots and not enough calmness around the box, but largely a men against boys performance. Kashi did very well, the back 4 defended calmly and we were busy all game - end product is the issue. Bradford looked terrible and very much look to be on the way down.

And finally. Some of our fans are absolute embarrassments. Whinge and moan for 93 minutes, offering nary a positive vibe of support to the team - just dollops of sarcasm then, jump around like loonies when Mackie scores, after calling him a useless lady garden a minute before. Please stay at home and take up something that doesn't make you so F***ing miserable as soon as you turn up. Useless w@nkers.

Oh yes... I was jumping around
Do you not get the fact , that could be the game that turns this round? This win is a massive 3 points! Just be happy on this for today!
Oh yes I was jumping around like a madman, I was savouring thevmoment... But the " we are staying up" was a bit premature

Started drinking early did we?? With goal difference we are effectively 8 points ahead of Bradford with 8 games to go. Yet you think we're still well off Bradford??!!

Get a grip fellas!!

Not to mention I'm almost certain the player he suggested playing is currently injured I believe; couldn't fulfill his international call-up due to injury and wasn't involved this morning with the U18s, so seems that way.

Back
Top Bottom