Away Match Day Thread 15/04/2022 L1: Fleetwood Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be averse to him having a word with Harrison too - nasty bastard but teams need one

Put it this way , Harrison caused our back four way more problems than Taylor did for their back line. Think him and Taylor woukd link up well.

Harrison would have been a great signing here. Taylor struggles when isolated.

Taylor is only effective when playing in a front 2 or playing against a side that likes to play out from the back and keep the ball on the floor. Second half today he might aswell been sat on the bench but once again we had nothing on the bench to change it.

Stevens: 5

Long: 3
McNally: 6
Moore: 5
Brown: 7

Kane: 6.5
Brannagan: 7
Bodin: 6.5

Sykes: 6
Holland: 7
Taylor: 4
While I agree Long didn't have a good game, 3 is VERY harsh, he wasn't THAT bad! 5 from me.

I also think 4 is very harsh on Taylor, ok, he missed a sitter, but he was feeding off scraps, and does so much hard work, against two CB, and often drops deep to get involved, and does a lot of good work when he does. 6 from me.

What will you focus on at the end of the season, when it comes to evaluating the season, and what is needed over the summer?

Well that might very much depend on how many more 3 points we pick up.

I'm not saying that things are perfect, my point is about the continuous negativity of some posters. Lose and no one cares how well we played. Win, and the first thing some comment on is how badly x, y or z played.

The last three games, I think we deserved 7 points (D W W) and got nothing. Today we probably only deserved a point, but got all three. If things balance out over the season then we're still due a little luck and that might just get us into the playoffs.

While I agree Long didn't have a good game, 3 is VERY harsh, he wasn't THAT bad! 5 from me.

I also think 4 is very harsh on Taylor, ok, he missed a sitter, but he was feeding off scraps, and does so much hard work, against two CB, and often drops deep to get involved, and does a lot of good work when he does. 6 from me.
Sam Long gave away a penalty, was beaten far too easily a few times and made some quite glaring errors - if that’s a 5 then what is it when you don’t give away a penalty and are generally solid? 8? If you gave Long a 5 then you’d have to say Brown was an 8 as he was much better. I think you could give Long a 4 maybe, to be fair.

Taylor as well for sure was feeding off scraps but the missed chance was a shocker, it was one on one a few yards out with the whole goal to aim at and plenty of time. He also didn’t really do much else good of note.

I think a 6 is a good rating for me, you’ve been above average, but some people seem to rate it like:

4 or below - absolutely dreadful
5 - poor
6 - average
7 - ok
8 - good

Which isn’t how I see it. I’d say 5 is some good, some bad and 6 is decent, 7+ you’ve been good.

The thing is if you rate any player 7 or above in a loss then you’ll get the negatives moaning at you, and if you rate anyone 4 or below in a win then the (equally tiresome) positives will blow a gasket. Players can play well or badly separate from the result.

Sam Long gave away a penalty, was beaten far too easily a few times and made some quite glaring errors - if that’s a 5 then what is it when you don’t give away a penalty and are generally solid? 8? If you gave Long a 5 then you’d have to say Brown was an 8 as he was much better. I think you could give Long a 4 maybe, to be fair.

Taylor as well for sure was feeding off scraps but the missed chance was a shocker, it was one on one a few yards out with the whole goal to aim at and plenty of time. He also didn’t really do much else good of note.

I think a 6 is a good rating for me, you’ve been above average, but some people seem to rate it like:

4 or below - absolutely dreadful
5 - poor
6 - average
7 - ok
8 - good

Which isn’t how I see it. I’d say 5 is some good, some bad and 6 is decent, 7+ you’ve been good.

The thing is if you rate any player 7 or above in a loss then you’ll get the negatives moaning at you, and if you rate anyone 4 or below in a win then the (equally tiresome) positives will blow a gasket. Players can play well or badly separate from the result.
You can hardly say Long was massively at fault for the penalty though can you ?
We do have shortcomings and I personally don't think good enough to go up but why so quick to jump on players and especially the two full backs today who were given very little cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom