• Draw

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Plymouth Argyle win

Votes: 42 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plymouth are seemingly untouchable at home but their away form is very similar to our home stats. They have failed to win away this year but they have played Bolton, Ipswich and Sheffield - but then our only victory at home this year has been against Ipswich.

Both teams concede goals at a rate of over one per game, but also score at a broadly similar rate; the game should see at least two goals. Plymouth look the more likely to score first but we are statistically better at scoring in both halves and also least likely to concede in both. We haven't lost by more than a single goal at home all season and Plymouth have drawn nearly half of their away fixtures.

Stats say that 2-1 either way would seem the most likely outcome and we are much better defending a lead than trying to claw one back, so if Plymouth score first, a 0-1 loss is highly probably.

If I'm going to the bookies, I'll be looking at a score draw or for a good price, Oxford to win/draw from behind (that's jinxed it...)
Just lost their excellent keeper too. Play a back three, pack the midfield and test them early and could be interesting. Chances of KR doing the obvious are minimal sadly

Eastwood
Long Moore brown
Anderson bate Brannagan Fleming
Goodrham odonkor wildschut

Hello Yellows.

Afraid I won't be there tomorrow.....not brave enough to risk the wrath of the beloved on Valentines eve :)

It isn't just the shirt colours that remind me of banana skins.....every game now looks like a mountain to climb as we get nearer the season climax...that said although we have lost a couple of key players through injury as you can see from the team we put out at the weekend we still have a pretty decent squad.....our back up keeper is decent too ....

I get the impression from here that KR is on borrowed time , at least with the fans.....it wouldn't be the first time defeat by Argyle cost a manager his job...

As for tomorrows line ups

Not sure is if Miller will play two games in a row given his super tight nannies...so expect Mumba back and I would think Azaz too for Callum Wright....

Hardie and Cosgrove both played the full ninety so maybe one up top this game rather than two to start.

My One game at a time preview for the game is live on Pasoti ( link to follow) mainly focused on the title race ( or as Wednesday see it the Entitled race) but hope you enjoy it...your Ipswich win gets a mention as well :)

As ever I'll be back post match to either take my punishment or see what you thought of our performance....

COYG!!

Hoping we can build on a decent away point last time out. A good result here could be the kind of result to get some much needed confidence back and hopefully get back to better form. COYY

I hope we win, obviously. Because the sooner we get to 50+ points, the sooner we can get rid of KR. But if we do lose tomorrow night (and I bet we do), I would rather it's by 4 or 5 (rather than the odd goal). More chance of KR getting the sack sooner.

Didn’t think I’d bother going but the guilt tripping of the club may get me there regardless of my hatred for the clown who manages us.

Just hope he’s out of shot for the tributes to JB or I may end up in the blackbird by 7.46.

I hope we win, obviously. Because the sooner we get to 50+ points, the sooner we can get rid of KR. But if we do lose tomorrow night (and I bet we do), I would rather it's by 4 or 5 (rather than the odd goal). More chance of KR getting the sack sooner.
Wow, preferring us to lose 4 or 5 nil.
I never ever want us to take a hammering. Takes all sorts I guess

Wow, preferring us to lose 4 or 5 nil.
I never ever want us to take a hammering. Takes all sorts I guess
Bit more nuanced than that! I want us to win or draw, but if we do lose, I want a heavy defeat. If he’s left in place, I think KR will take us down. I was at Wigan 0-7. After half an hour, I genuinely thought we could concede 10. But I wanted Clotet out, so thought a heavy defeat was a price worth paying. Same situation here imo.

What game was it, we were playing a team unbeaten at home, we won 1:0
A team up north......quite a few years ago.
If I remember rightly,the player that scored was the same one that... At torquay, stood on the ball and saluted... Anyone remember?
I know it's got nothing to do with the Plymouth game, but it's on my mind.

Last edited:
What game was it, we were playing a team unbeaten at home, we won 1:0
A team up north......quite a few years ago.
If I remember rightly,the player that scored was the same one that... At torquay, stood on the ball and saluted... Anyone remember?
I know it's got nothing to do with the Plymouth game, but it's on my mind.
Chesterfield maybe? Steve MacLean and Craddock scored in a 2-1.

Chesterfield maybe? Steve MacLean and Craddock scored in a 2-1.

Was a pretty similar situation, in that we'd lost five in a row and were starting to get worried that our stay back in the Football League would be only one year long.

Then we went to the runaway league leaders, beat them and went on a run ourselves to finish comfortably midtable......

.....course we then went on to have three more consistently (and slightly tediously) average seasons under Wilder after that.

We normally let in 2 so we will start there I just cannot see us getting anything from this game. If we play like we did Saturday for the first hour we will be 4-0 down. So it looks like 1point out of a possible 18 .I always hope we will win but we just can't play as a team. Let's hope for a fluke

Just out of curiosity will the Joey Beauchamp banner be used tomorrow evening?

Just out of curiosity will the Joey Beauchamp banner be used tomorrow evening?
I hope so Bazzer, and I would like to think that the team will play in his honour.I would also like to think that the game doesn't provide a platform for KR to spout messianic result avoiding, propaganda to bolster his untenable position.
Not like me to post such things i know, but, regrettably I am done with making allowances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom