Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Plymouth Argyle win

Votes: 42 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowSubmarine

League leaders come to town. Dreading it!

Eastwood
Anderson Long Findlay Brown
Brannagan McGuane Bate
Goodrham Joseph Wildschut​

You’ve gotta have some hope! Sounds like we went for them a bit second half today. Ludicrous to start with a bunch of guys who’d never played together before and with only two in midfield

With Karl in charge I have no hope. The man has lost his marbles this season.

This is what I posted before the Shrewsbury match, nothing has changed , the same still applies to Argyle.
Sadly I doubt Robinson has the self awareness and humility to understand and admit why and where he is failing.

Following on from Barnsley we’re up against another team which favours 3 at the back, a formation we often struggle to preform well against.

We need to match up the opposition also playing 3 at the back as we did against Ipswich and for much of the second half on Wednesday evening. With the personal available it makes perfect sense.

3-5-2 would be my choice. Anderson and Fleming as the wingbacks.

We simply have to start winning football matches and that begins with clean sheets. Flood the midfield, protect the defence, and build from there.

Kr has already done the team talk for them after his embarrassing comments last season. KR United 1-2 Plymouth & Baldock back in the stands after his testimonial send of Saturday.

Ive got a good feeling about this, dunno why. Fancy we'll steal an unexpected 3pts ....2-1 with a smash n grab late winner

Kr has already done the team talk for them after his embarrassing comments last season. KR United 1-2 Plymouth & Baldock back in the stands after his testimonial send of Saturday.

Robinson was also pretty disparaging about Argyle at the Fans Forum back in December, I doubt that went unnoticed at Home Park.

I'll probably get pelters for this from some, but ...

I could never switch allegiance to another team. But I have had periods in my life where Oxford United took a much more minor part. I used to go regularly, then gradually didn't bother (Kassam era) and then have again - ST holder for many years now from the year we went into the conference. I am not using my season ticket very much at all this year (family circumstances - which is why I haven't been going, not as a protest). But I have to admit a small amount of relief that I have not *had* to decide whether to go or not. Even watching/listening to matches is slowly draining all enthusiasm away and I can't help myself but listen to the manager afterwards, which just makes it worse. Will I summon up the enthusiasm to buy a ST in a couple of months? I don't know - it would be nice to be able to look forward to going again when things improve personally, but with the uncertainty of that and the state the club is in, I may just decide to save my £350.

I feel bad about berating the owners and those running things at the club - they are keeping us going, and the importance of the new ground cannot of course be over-stated - but as far as the actual 'product' they are asking me to pay for, they are doing a very poor job indeed.

Plymouth are seemingly untouchable at home but their away form is very similar to our home stats. They have failed to win away this year but they have played Bolton, Ipswich and Sheffield - but then our only victory at home this year has been against Ipswich.

Both teams concede goals at a rate of over one per game, but also score at a broadly similar rate; the game should see at least two goals. Plymouth look the more likely to score first but we are statistically better at scoring in both halves and also least likely to concede in both. We haven't lost by more than a single goal at home all season and Plymouth have drawn nearly half of their away fixtures.

Stats say that 2-1 either way would seem the most likely outcome and we are much better defending a lead than trying to claw one back, so if Plymouth score first, a 0-1 loss is highly probably.

If I'm going to the bookies, I'll be looking at a score draw or for a good price, Oxford to win/draw from behind (that's jinxed it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom