13/08/22 - L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a tedious, exhausting afternoon. We've slightly tightened our defence by sacrificing our entire midfield. McGuane playing well in a position where it barely affects the game is (very) small comfort. Far too hot for football anyway. Beer and plastic cricket for me this evening. Roll on Tuesday.

Robinson should avoid interviews. Talks about our ‘good shape’, what shape? And ‘players caught between styles’? Well the way we play (style), and players capable of playing it, that is primarily the coaches responsibility!! He always comes across as a nice guy (I think most fans like him), but he needs to stop talking crap (dont defend the indefensible), and start addressing what is clear to most on here is wrong and missing.

What's miraculously changing on Tuesday?
A change in fortunes, a change in performance, a kr post match interview commenting on the same game we saw, an introduction of the striker mentioned last Tuesday to change the foundations of the club.....Uhm, Okay I did try, as you were!

Surely he *has* to do something creative with the team on Tuesday. Starting with the same personnel, same shape and same idea of what we are trying to do (if there is one) would just be stupid.

I know we are only three games into the season, and there's plenty of time etc, but it really isn't the results - well, it is, but more so it's the performances that have set all of our alarms bells ringing, and the fact that for all the signings we are basically playing with an inferior version of the team that finished last season.

I see Ipswich and Wednesday are already at the top, a few more performances like that from us and we won’t catch them.

Ipswich have started pretty well and dropped off before. Hadn't Sunderland won the league by Christmas in some of the previous seasons? We were poor today but just a bit early to say we are nearly out of it!

Rank performance from soup till nuts.

I am slightly prepared though to generally give the team a free pass this time as it was monstrously hot.

Rovers had the right idea of course by going for little lie downs on the pitch every minute.

Reminiscent of a downmarket Wycombe.

Why wasn’t Brown playing?. Our full backs are simply not good enough, whatever the weather.

For such a supposed star Marcus Browne hardly ever gets involved. And then only to go in the refs notebook. Pull your finger out young man!

I am slightly prepared though to generally give the team a free pass this time as it was monstrously hot.

Rovers had the right idea of course by going for little lie downs on the pitch every minute.

Why wasn’t Brown playing?. Our full backs are simply not good enough, whatever the weather.

For such a supposed star Marcus Browne hardly ever gets involved. And then only to go in the refs notebook. Pull your finger out young man!
Browne needs to find his position, I dunno what he was meant to be doing

Doesn’t help when the manager has pissed around with his position for all 3 league games.

Downmarket Wycombe is exactly right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom