Away Match Day Thread 13/01/2024 L1: Carlisle United v OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
More confident of a win than I was a week ago, will be a critical month for us if we want to maintain a promotion push, let's start with 3 points against Carlisle!

Not massively confident today.

Doubt he'll start Burey and not convinced you want to start with Leigh after a long lay off so I can see the starting 11 being pretty unchanged. There's still plenty of quality in that side just a lack of spark in the final 3rd.

These are the games we have to be winning hough if we have play off aspirations though!

As others have said the 2-0 win there in 2016 is one of my favourite away wins.

I wheely wheely hope we don’t rush Leigh back given our track record with injuries to wide players coming back early

Doubt he'll start Burey and not convinced you want to start with Leigh after a long lay off so I can see the starting 11 being pretty unchanged. There's still plenty of quality in that side just a lack of spark in the final 3rd.

These are the games we have to be winning hough if we have play off aspirations though!

Stronger bench though🤞

Plus Moore and Cumming starting will surely help.

Just realised instead of shouting Beeeeaaaadle we're going to be shouting Cuuuummmming. Not good.
You can only shout "Cuuuummmming" if he scores.

Pretty sure neither will start.
Bit chilly up here!
(Statements unconnected) 😊

I am nurturing a wholly unrealistic optimism supporting a 3-0 win for the Yellows. Mrs L and self are at home (idle buggers!) we have cherry lardy cake and a bottle in the fridge for later. Shortbread and Hobnobs to hand in the biscuit tin, what could possibly go wrong?!!

That could suggest Smyth moves into midfield. Would be very surprised if we still played five at the back but went Smyth over Thorniley.
Who would you play on the right side of a back three though with Thorniley, Moore and Brown? Moore is the only right footer and he always plays in the centre. Plus Smyth has played much better than Thorniley recently and so deserves to start out of the two

Whenever the Matty Elliot wonder strike is mentioned on here, it is traditional I mention my memory of that trip, as it has brought us good fortune in the past. Midweek prior to that fixture we lost at York City in a dismal performance. I stayed 'up North' and up to the 2 goals it looked like we were going no where. From that match which was February I think, we were undefeated for the rest of the season. The rest is history. If memory serves that run included Joey's wordly v Blackpool and the BSE derby v scummers. Here's hoping history repeats itself

Back
Top Bottom