Home Match Day Thread +++ 12/10/2019 L1 OUFC v Doncaster Rovers +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 10 pages....ffs wake up people things are looking good, let’s make the most of it and let’s get more buns in seats.

None of it really matters until the games in hand are played. The table is frustrating me this year with the discrepancies between games played for all the teams.

Hopefully though there'll be a nice bit of congestion for everyone else once the fixtures get rearranged...

The old saying is you’re better off with points than games in hand

We are so fortunate to be seeing a team brim full of talent, working so hard as a unit to bring success to this club.
All over the pitch we have competitors and today we rolled over a very decent Rovers team.

We look like promotion contenders folks.????

On holiday so missed today. Brilliant score line against a team I thought would do well this year. I believe. COYY.

Great game, and in a weird way, the most accomplished performance of the season so far!

Doncaster were very good, strong, passed it around very well, and moved with speed, and in my opinion, were the toughest test we've had so far, certainly at home, but we matched them, defended brilliantly all over the pitch, passed the ball very well ourselves, managed the game well, and the goals keep coming!

Eastwood had a very good game, commanded his area well, and caught a lot of crosses, and kicked well.

Cadden was excellent, up and down the wing the whole game, superb engine, please god, let us keep him!

Dickie was excellent, strong, good passing, heading, brought the ball out well, and looks a class act at CB now, never a booking, gonna miss him next week.

Mous was very good again, looks a totally different CB nowadays, didn't put a foot wrong, very impressive.

Ruffels was very solid, as usual, a top left back at this level now.

Gorrin had a great game, so many interceptions, tackles, nice, simple passes, a real "unsung hero" type player.

Brannagan ran the midfield, excellent passing, keeps things ticking over really well, took his goal brilliantly, top player.

Henry, superb again, cracking shot for first goal, and cool as ever with his pen, so many neat and tidy skilful touches and passes, get that contract signed quick Robbo!

Sykes had a very good game, had lumps kicked out of him, but showed lots of skill and showed maturity at times, by keeping it simple when needed, still needs to beef himself up a bit, but we've got an awesome player there!

Fosu was superb, some of his defensive play was outstanding, and his skill and use of the ball was very good, deserved his standing ovation.

Mackie is an absolute legend, at 34, the way he chases everything, and runs himself into the ground is astounding, and a real credit to the guy, another one who deserved his standing ovation, great performance.

Baptiste and Hall got some more important minutes, did what was asked of them when they came on, and ticked over well.

Agyei didn't have much time to impress, but looks like he's pretty quick and strong, jury's still out though....

Another bunch of goals, clean sheet, solid team display, dug deep together when needed, and dealt with a very good side to great effect today, everyone seems to be really united, even Robbo running off mid interview to defend the groundsmen shows how together the whole club is right now, which is great to see!

Well done Robbo and the lads!

Keep it up!

Dickie was excellent, strong, good passing, heading, brought the ball out well, and looks a class act at CB now, never a booking, gonna miss him next week.
It absolutely was considering the rules were changed quite some time ago to say that attempting to prevent a goalkeeper kicking the ball from hands will result in a yellow card.

Funny how everyone plays badly against us ... they were decent but we made them look poor
I didn't think Doncaster looked all that good at all... But I think that was down to our tactics. As what stood out most for me was the speed with which we closed them down almost every time they had the ball, sometimes two or three of our players doing the harrying together. We didn't let them play.

Am I the only one who thinks the attendance was more than what was announced? Home crowd wise we had 6,500 which is a steady improvement. Attendances will continue to grow i am not to worried. On keeping are players I understand to keep sustainable and to keep building we will need to sell. I just hope the board stop at 1 in January so this team doesn’t get broke. Baptiste Fosu and Dickie are all a work in progress so would be stupid to let them go in January and if we are going to sell Brannagan it better not be for the same kind of fee as whyte as he is worth at least 5million With the Fees that are jumping around

Another great team performance. Although Doncaster have only played 3 league away games before today they took a point at both Ipswich and Coventry. Quite impressive

Three things I got from today:
  • Mark Sykes was targeted today, took some knocks, but gave a very impressive performance.
  • Simon Eastwood was commanding in his area, a safe pair of hands and my opinion remains an one of the best keepers in League one
  • John Mousinho is in outstanding form. I hope he will go on into management where I am sure he will be a success

In all competitions we've seen 40 goals and 2 penalty shootouts in 11 games at home, with 8 wins, 1 draw (Coventry) and 2 defeats (Burton, Pompey).

We're playing some fantastic football, got some genuinely top quality players at this level and are slowly working our way up the league, and are 90 mins away from the quarterfinals of the league cup!

If that's not enough to get people through the gate, then I don't know what more we can really do? (Except all tickets for a £1 or whatever bullcrap some expect!!!)

Another great team performance. Although Doncaster have only played 3 league away games before today they took a point at both Ipswich and Coventry. Quite impressive

Three things I got from today:
  • Mark Sykes was targeted today, took some knocks, but gave a very impressive performance.
  • Simon Eastwood was commanding in his area, a safe pair of hands and my opinion remains an one of the best keepers in League one
  • John Mousinho is in outstanding form. I hope he will go on into management where I am sure he will be a success

I would expect him to join the coaching team next year, and then maybe replace Faz as assistant the season after. Mous is being groomed for a long term role at the club.

I thought Doncaster looked slightly poor but this was not like the 3-0 against Tranmere when they were frankly awful - this was more us managing the game nicely. Why they let us play out from the back so much is a mystery - a classic example of how not to play this team. Every player played well, Fosu, Mousinho, Cadden and Dickie were excellent in particular

I didn't think Doncaster looked all that good at all... But I think that was down to our tactics. As what stood out most for me was the speed with which we closed them down almost every time they had the ball, sometimes two or three of our players doing the harrying together. We didn't let them play.

Thought we did to Doncaster today what Fleetwood did to us a month ago.
They clearly like to pass it out from the back (like us), but we constantly harried them, never gave them any space and forced them to play their passes under pressure - and they couldn't do it consistently. Whereas some of our close quarter passing was outstanding.

Everyone was great today, Fosu, Dickie and Brannagan were super-great, but my man of the match was Gorrin. Doncaster were never able to get a foothold in the centre of park all afternoon, and he was the prime reason why. An epic break-it-up-then-move-ball-on defensive midfield display.

It's been a pretty epic month.

None of it really matters until the games in hand are played. The table is frustrating me this year with the discrepancies between games played for all the teams.

Hopefully though there'll be a nice bit of congestion for everyone else once the fixtures get rearranged...

It's not just fixtures to be rearranged, though. It's also the Bury effect.

On October 22nd, we're going to sitting around twiddling our thumbs whilst everyone else in League One is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom