Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/03/2019 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

The writing was on the wall after last summer’s debacle and our first game of the season!

I just hope that we can pick up enough points to see us safe, but you’ve got to wonder where the goals will come from for us to achieve that. On paper we could do it, but football’s not played on paper.

Why does he wait so long to make changes? Sinclair should have come on 15-20 minutes earlier. Henry should have been hooked for Sykes also.

Watched on i follow. Pretty dire conditions, swirling increasingly strong wind and awful playing surface especially on 2 wings. Scrappy. We had good chances but lacked composure. Likely pen, hit bar, Whyte had best chances. They had 2 even better chances but Easty and Nelse saved us then. First half i felt we would win comfortably. Second half more even. I really rate Branagan but offensively he was disappointing tonight. Crowded midfield and conditions did not seem to suit him. The final ball still poor.

Robbo's best quote "I know how to win football matches."
Give me strength. This guy has got some gall!!

League away day blanks this season:

Barnsley 0-4
Wycombe 0-0
Bristol R 0-0
Southend 0-0
Bradford 0-2
Plymouth 0-3
Burton 0-0
Gillingham 0-1
Rochdale 0-0

Not a great result tonight. Keeps us right in the doodoo. Even more pressure on Saturdays game now. If we don’t win on Saturday, then I’m afraid we are going down. It pains me to say that, but I just can’t see us staying up. We’ve been desperate for someone clinical in front of goal all season, and unfortunately it’s going to be our downfall. I really hope not, but at this moment in time it’s looking incredibly bleak.

He seems to think the fans are morons - 9 wins in 37 games is less than 25% win rate - what a t..t
He probably knows Tiger is listening. Quotes like that pull the wool over Tigers eyes - let’s face it, that isn’t difficult - and keep him in a job.

Need 11 maybe 12 points from 9 games, 8 if you discount Luton as that must be a definite lose. We have only won 9 out of 37 all season the worst in the division. I can understand the need to shore up the defence after the shambles at Accrington but it has gone the other way at a time when we need to score goals and get points. It worked at Blackpool when we out-bored our opposition. But it then became very predictable as we kept doing the same. At the moment we could get relegated trying to draw every game 0-0. Chris Allen couldn't do any worse and he might just freshen things up.

Need 11 maybe 12 points from 9 games, 8 if you discount Luton as that must be a definite lose. We have only won 9 out of 37 all season the worst in the division. I can understand the need to shore up the defence after the shambles at Accrington but it has gone the other way at a time when we need to score goals and get points. It worked at Blackpool when we out-bored our opposition. But it then became very predictable as we kept doing the same. At the moment we could get relegated trying to draw every game 0-0. Chris Allen couldn't do any worse and he might just freshen things up.
True but Robinson isn't going anywhere - wishful thinking

Yes really. When playing teams in and around the relegation scrap, it is valuable to deprive those teams of points.

You mean in the the same way they have deprived us of points and kept us in their sights.

When playing teams in and around the relegation scrap it is essential to take all 3 points.

Looks like we could be going down, we’ve struggled for two seasons now. But oddly I’d fancy our chances against Coventry and Charlton. Would be good if people could moan less, there’s no point repeating the same stuff that is obvious to everyone

He seems to think the fans are morons - 9 wins in 37 games is less than 25% win rate - what a t..t
KR has now had 47 league games as manager and has won 12 - almost bang on 25% win percentage over more than a season of football. This season we are the joint worst team in the league for winning games with 9 victories. Only Shrewsbury have matched that and every other side in the division is in double figures, including all three sides below us. This win percentage is nearly as bad as Talbot, and is statistically equal with Faz’s disastrous caretaker tenure. No football manager at any level, over more than a season of fixtures, should be in a job based on these figures. Especially not when this season, the wage bill and money spent on players is right up around the playoffs. It’s a truly shocking display of coaching and management. Or rather a shining example of a complete lack of either. It’s stunning, to be honest. How he’s blagged his way to job security like this is nothing less than complete insanity.

But hey, here we are, still hoping the ball can hit someone on the nut sack and trickle over the line to steal a win.

Back
Top Bottom