Away Match Day Thread +++ 12/03/2019 Rochdale v OUFC match day thread +++

If we didn’t have Curtis Nelson we’d be bottom of the league and gone already. We won’t be able to replace him easily, that’s for sure.
We won’t have him next season, mind you we won’t have many of those players next season.

A game that could have gone either way. Bags of effort in poor conditions from both sides. Eventually a fair result. Graham again flattered to deceive while Gavin Whyte, don’t get me wrong, a fine player, seems to freeze when in on goal.

Man of the match Nelson. Imperious.

Kashi was dreadful, Brannagan not much better, Henry had an improved game from recent weeks.

Mackie put in a shift but we er are the opposite of clinical in front of goal.

50/50 whether we go down on that showing. Rochdale look like they’ll go.

So out of the "3 winnable games where max points are a must" weve got one of 6 so far.

This team are s**t and on these showings deserve to be relegated unfortunately.. Its heartbreaking to see where Luton are when that could so easily have been us with a couple of careful additions. Robbo is a fraud of a football manager, you cant win 9-12 games in a season and expect/deserve to stay up.

We looked marginally better going forward than Rochdale, but with the exception of one or two bright forays that was a poor quality game between two poor teams, albeit played in difficult conditions.

I thought Rochdale were truly awful, yet we couldn’t get a break. Not feeling very optimistic tonight.

Just back at hotel, and that was 2 dire sides, playing out a relegation battle. Sorry but the problem is tha we have a
Manager that seems to watch a different to the rest.
If you didn’t listen to his post match mantra, it really is a gem:
I’m a better manager than a year ago
I know how to win games
I’m speaking to players about next season
Things are so much better at the club now.

The biggest concern is that he seems to take it as red that he will be here next season.
The game was a carbon copy of Gillingham, we have possession but no one in the box when a cross finally gets across. We simply don’t communicate with each other as a team. Great header that hit the bar, apart from that I’m not sure we tested their keeper. Mackie was slow to the box.
Radox as usual gave Kr closed questions to answer, occasionally even providing him with the answer. Nathan seems to really enjoy providing coco with a stage to provide us with his deluded mantras.

Massive big up to each individual that was there tonight. Nothing will change though until some fans rid themselves of the apathy of “tiger will not get rid of him.” Plays right into kr’s hamds, ie. I can’t hear any dissent.
Until as a collective fans adopt more of the same attitude that was evident when Kassam was got rid of, in some ways we deserve what we have.

We looked marginally better going forward than Rochdale, but with the exception of one or two bright forays that was a poor quality game between two poor teams, albeit played in difficult conditions.

I thought Rochdale were truly awful, yet we couldn’t get a break. Not feeling very optimistic tonight.
Don’t worry Pete at least we will have a cheap striker next season in L2......Obika

What was it Tiger answered on the 5 ff when asked “ will we be relegated?”.......” NO” what’s ever he’s on, I want some

KR has now had 47 league games as manager and has won 12 - almost bang on 25% win percentage over more than a season of football. This season we are the joint worst team in the league for winning games with 9 victories. Only Shrewsbury have matched that and every other side in the division is in double figures, including all three sides below us. This win percentage is nearly as bad as Talbot, and is statistically equal with Faz’s disastrous caretaker tenure. No football manager at any level, over more than a season of fixtures, should be in a job based on these figures. Especially not when this season, the wage bill and money spent on players is right up around the playoffs. It’s a truly shocking display of coaching and management. Or rather a shining example of a complete lack of either. It’s stunning, to be honest. How he’s blagged his way to job security like this is nothing less than complete insanity.

But hey, here we are, still hoping the ball can hit someone on the nut sack and trickle over the line to steal a win.

Bang on, I couldn’t have put it better myself, or did I?

02:30 arrived home in Bampton.
For a neutral an entertaining game to watch.End to end stuff,physical with some good attacking moves from both sides.Two fine saves from Eastwood,Nelson came close and Whyte should have scored.
“Should have” seems to be the story of our season.
Good to come home with a point, but will it be enough we all ask.
9 games left,with 5 home games-we have to make them count.
12 points needed for safety.
Here’s hoping.

Listening to Robinson’s drivel (why do I do it to myself?!) again last night, it definitely sounded like he’s had assurances that he’ll keep his job no matter what happens. And out of interest, is there still anybody who actually believes that Thohir is going to ride in like a knight in shining armour to turn everything around? It’s the Tiger and Robbo show all the way I’m afraid. On a handcart to hell. God help us.

We are desperate for goals, don’t get me wrong I do like Mackie, but can we afford to have him in the team at the moment
Over 554 mins of game play per goal, I’m not sure how many, if any, assists, but it won’t be many.
I know he’s not the only problem, Whyte should have done better last night,
We had the wind behind us last night, what about ‘shooting on sight’ but we tend to pass instead..... then when we do shoot it’s blocked because we’ve given defenders time to get back in place or it goes wide or over ..... we didn’t work their goalie enough last night, in fact I’m most games we don’t work the opposition goalie enough .....

To make things worse Obika has a conversion rate of 508 mins per goal .......... he’s better than Mackie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We keep saying it but with the lack of goals at the moment, 442 would be the best option. A solid CM of mous and Brannagan, two wingers and Mackie and Sinclair up front. That way there’s a better chance of having at least two players in the box if and when a cross comes in. The trouble is of course, is that the squad is so threadbare of strikers that there isn’t a spare striker then to change things - assuming Smith isn’t yet ready, we have to take Robinson’s word on that.

Incidentally, what’s happened to a Carruthers? He seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth at a crucial time.

As others have said, in this important week that everyone seemed to be hanging their hats on as the one where we’d turn things around, the best we can now hope for is 4 points out of a possible 9. It’s going to the wire by the look of things.

We keep saying it but with the lack of goals at the moment, 442 would be the best option. A solid CM of mous and Brannagan, two wingers and Mackie and Sinclair up front. That way there’s a better chance of having at least two players in the box if and when a cross comes in. The trouble is of course, is that the squad is so threadbare of strikers that there isn’t a spare striker then to change things - assuming Smith isn’t yet ready, we have to take Robinson’s word on that.

Incidentally, what’s happened to a Carruthers? He seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth at a crucial time.

As others have said, in this important week that everyone seemed to be hanging their hats on as the one where we’d turn things around, the best we can now hope for is 4 points out of a possible 9. It’s going to the wire by the look of things.

Completely agree with you, we need to go to 4-4-2. May be Browne could come on for Mackie or Smith like you mention, but I’d definitely go for this system now because we struggle to make clear cut chances.

Another reason we fail to create chances is, our fullbacks don’t overlap enough. When they do it’s not done with meaning/conviction e.g. it’s an after thought. Not sure if that’s down to management telling them not to or the players themselves or fitness.

My team would be;

Eastwood
Long, Nelson, Dickie, Ruffels
Whyte, Mous, Skyes, Graham
Mackie & Sinclair

Subs; Stevens, Henry, Browne, Brannagan, Smith, Hanson & Kashi

He’s fit - but he’s one-too-many loanee.

Yup, you heard that right - he’s behind Garbutt in the pecking order.

Incidentally has anyone else even seen an IFollow highlights package confined to the captain’s handshake and the final whistle? Well you have now.

Back
Top Bottom