Away Match Day Thread 10/02/2024 L1: Blackpool FC v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matete in Mcguane he needs a rest ,Goodwin looks like a old fashion big center forward its nice have the choice ,Harris good goal working hard again. Rodriguez it's just not quite happening but he will come good again . Moore ,Long ,Leigh and Brown and Cumming exelent . Well played

Vastly improved performance! Would have taken a draw before the game, somewhat deflated that we didn't take all 3 points.

1. Matete was a class above and will be crucial for us if we want to make the playoffs.

2. Cummings kicking was absolutely woeful.

No new injuries according Des. So Burey's sub purely tactical.

15 games to get top 6 otherwise it is a failure. Squad is now in great shape for 15 games so no excuses for Buckingham from here.

How havenโ€™t we won that?

McGuane & Bodin with 2 sitters.

All the subs looked very good.

Cumming a real big difference compared to Eastwood.

Great return for Long.

Ciaron Brown my MOTM.

i'm sure it has been covered before...but Tyler in the spot behind Harris/most advanced as midfielder? Give Ruben a rest and I think he'd be lethal in there, especially with Matete in acting as a more effective CM (as much as I like MM)

i'm sure it has been covered before...but Tyler in the spot behind Harris/most advanced as midfielder? Give Ruben a rest and I think he'd be lethal in there, especially with Matete in acting as a more effective CM (as much as I like MM)

Thatโ€™s where Tyler should play, he doesnโ€™t play with width, not a criticism, just observation, heโ€™d be better in behind the forward than on the wing, narrows the play a lot for us as he doesnโ€™t stay wide

Good impressions from Matete and Goodwin. Cracking save by Cumming, but he found touch more times than not with goal kicks. Frustrating in one way that we shunned several really good opportunities. But a point to take home is very welcome. Shame Barnsley won it in the 95th minute. Peterborough having a lean spell. Apart from Pompey, everyone else seems to be rather inconsistent . A win on Tuesday will certainly pick up spirits.

Lot's of positives to take away from today, an important point against a fellow playoff chasing rival, an improved 90 min performance, and players returning from injury.

Just need to start turning these draws into wins now...

Bring on Wigan!

Team for Tuesday
Long Moore Brown Leigh
Matete Mcguane
Brannagan
Murphy Goodwin Harris

Lots of options of the bench now
Burey Bodin Rodrigues Goodrham
Although having said that itโ€™s a terrific line up

So that was the hardest game of the day, possibly of our season, and we sound like we did ok and didnโ€™t lose much ground. Blackpool will be pissed off not to draw closer to us. Pompey look to be the real deal, they keep digging out these late, narrow wins while everyone else drops points.

Thatโ€™s where Tyler should play, he doesnโ€™t play with width, not a criticism, just observation, heโ€™d be better in behind the forward than on the wing, narrows the play a lot for us as he doesnโ€™t stay wide

Ty Goodrham has looked lost at times when he has played the 10 role. For me he is better cutting in from the wing.

Or push Brannagan further forward and play Mcguane and Matete
For me, itโ€™s important we keep Rodrigues in there as heโ€™s a good source of goals/assists when heโ€™s on it but maybe for Wycombe away thatโ€™s the play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom