Away Match Build Up 10/02/2024 L1: Blackpool FC v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Due to the medication I take, I have very vivid dreams. Last night, I dreamt that we were knocked out of the 2nd round of the FA Cup away at Eastleigh 9-5...

Please don't let this be any sort of omen in regards to our game this weekend... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Oh, and Josh Murphy limped off injured ๐Ÿค

Josh Murphy getting injured isnโ€™t a dream. Itโ€™s a premonition. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nothing to do with football but three of the best weekends of my life have been in Blackpool.
I went to blackpool for a weekend trip organized by the local pub in about 1983
I was 13. Went on the roller coasters and went to see blackpool play in the pissing rain. Alex dyer played on the wing !!

Last edited:
Based on our recent form it's very hard to be optimistic about a game at Blackpool right now - but if the gaggle of new and returned players don't make a big difference to our starting team's ability and the ability to change things from the bench, then we might as well give up on the season now.

Who would we rather have, Harris or Joseph? Harris is the better player, I think, but Joseph is very direct and effective.

Both have great engines and will run all day, great movement off the ball and both quick if not lightning fast. Both capable of a great finish but a bit erratic in front of goal.

Joseph maybe just a tad more physical.....not that Sparky is a shrinking violet.

Big difference is that Harris has decent (thought not perfect) touch, close control and short passing skills - whilst Joseph has (or at least had) the touch of a trampoline. Which (for me) gives Harris the edge.

Both have great engines and will run all day, great movement off the ball and both quick if not lightning fast. Both capable of a great finish but a bit erratic in front of goal.

Joseph maybe just a tad more physical.....not that Sparky is a shrinking violet.

Big difference is that Harris has decent (thought not perfect) touch, close control and short passing skills - whilst Joseph has (or at least had) the touch of a trampoline. Which (for me) gives Harris the edge.
That's probably right but Joseph has that 'shove the guy aside and charge on goal' thing that I really like.

Based on our recent form it's very hard to be optimistic about a game at Blackpool right now - but if the gaggle of new and returned players don't make a big difference to our starting team's ability and the ability to change things from the bench, then we might as well give up on the season now.
So if all or any of the five returnees / debutees donโ€™t in some way influence their first game or first game back, thatโ€™s season over?
Bonkers. Get behind the boys.

2-1 defeat. Spirited display that falls just short of the team with the best home form in the league.

Chasing the game last 15, Des will have a look round and realise itโ€™s a shame that we donโ€™t have Owen Dale available.

Fewkin buzzing for this one! 5 players back in which is a godsend; with murph, bodin + goodwin back, we have a new set of options upfront which is a huge confidence boost (albeit without Dale) A cagey but exciting 2-1 win. COOOOY!

Leigh & Brannagan with the goals oooooooosh

Cumming
Long Moore Brown Leigh
Brannagan
McGuane Rodders
Brurey Harris Tyler

Subs: Eastwood, Thorniley, McEachran, Matete, Murphy, Bodin, Dale
Just having a few players back makes a massive difference. I think Dale will end up on the bench, especially after Critchleyโ€™s comments.

I hope for a win but expect us to get a draw which wouldnโ€™t be a bad away point.

Shame about our form. Think we wouldโ€™ve taken 1,500+ up there at least.

Probably be 700 max there tomorrow.

As an aside, I noticed (to my surprise) that Wycombe away tickets had reached General Sale in the week - depending on results tomorrow/Tuesday we may not even sell out!

Imagine if someone had told you back in September (when Stevenage away tickets were like gold dust) that within a few months anyone who wanted could get a ticket for Wycombe in mid-February. No home end, no asking around on the forum. Fill your boots.

Tells you everything you need to know about the absolute clusterfuck that has been the last 3 months.

Cumming
Long Moore Brown Leigh
Brannagan
McGuane Rodders
Brurey Harris Tyler

Subs: Eastwood, Thorniley, McEachran, Matete, Murphy, Bodin, Dale
Just having a few players back makes a massive difference. I think Dale will end up on the bench, especially after Critchleyโ€™s comments.

I hope for a win but expect us to get a draw which wouldnโ€™t be a bad away point.
Goodwin surely in the squad?

Shame about our form. Think we wouldโ€™ve taken 1,500+ up there at least.

Probably be 700 max there tomorrow.
Tuesday lunchtime t.o said there was just under 300 left out of our initial ticket allocation, so I made that around 900 sold at the time. However, I'd like to think we will have around 1000 there tomorrow.

Tickets are available on the day and as it will be up to a barmy 10* and just under a 410 mile round trip I'm more than hopeful a few of you reading this post in your jim jams who have no f*cking intention of going tomorrow might just get out your swimwear and.......

Only jokin' about the swimwear.

COYY'S

Back
Top Bottom