Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/02/2019 OUFC v Sunderland match day thread +++

Okay, I confess, ol’ big Ronaldo went absolutely f*****g mental when we scored. I guess that I never really believed that we would equalise. However, we were well worth it.
Super atmosphere in the East stand today, and if you don’t feel it where you are sat then you are sat in the wrong place my friends. COYY

Another excellent performance. I didn’t think much of Sunderland and on that performance I don’t think they’ll go up.
We got lucky with the goal because I think it was a foul. Having said that Eastward hardly had a save to make! We could and should have had 2 or 3.
Agree entirely. He can tackle but does some suicidal passing and positioning.
Have to agree, terrible positioning quite often, and just appears to jog when he needs to get back sharpish. I'd say he is the weakest point of the team at present.

Whyte and Graham both had excellent games - Graham's best so far. We do now have some really good forward players, and on his showing today Sinclair could be just what we needed.

Last edited:
Tim, Sunderland have looked ordinary in both games we’ve played them. In fact we’ve been the better team in both matches.

How the hell can you say they deserved the half time lead? We had 3 good chances 1st half, especially the Graham one!

Not sure which spectacles you had on today, but they definitely weren’t the right ones.

We all have different views.

I thought Sunderland were well organised and played far more as a team than say Barnsley . Who were shocking defensively. They were also better than Pompey.

Of our last 3 home games - all against top 4 teams they were the ones that almost beat us .

We have been a completely different team since Graham has arrived and are very tricky opponents for any one in L1.

Sunderland struggled to hold us in second half. But any side in L1 would have problems with us at moment.

We all have different views.

I thought Sunderland were well organised and played far more as a team than say Barnsley . Who were shocking defensively. They were also better than Pompey.

Of our last 3 home games - all against top 4 teams they were the ones that almost beat us .

We have been a completely different team since Graham has arrived and are very tricky opponents for any one in L1.

Sunderland struggled to hold us in second half. But any side in L1 would have problems with us at moment.

I reckon Barnsley will end up above Sunderland, and Sunderland won’t go up.

You should have a look at their forums. What a bunch of arseholes. Yes a while ago they were premiership, but now they’re league one, but my god, they are bitter.
I hope the fk up and stay in league one, that’s because we get their money when they sellout the away end, kerchung. But they really are so far up their own arses thinking they are due auto promotion. They were ok, but we have seen much better.

To be honest having been at the away fixture and this one, I would be suprised if they go up, but they have games in hand and money, on another note, I had high hopes with the Ref-fast tracked from non league because of his potential, he was really poor for both teams. The big fella at Burton last week was a lot better

I’m surprised at the positive comments for Hanson. He improved as the game went on to be fair, but in the first half McGeady had him running scared, and it was his error which led to the corner for their goal - he gave the ball away with a brainless pass inside when he’d bombed forwards and was caught totally out of position. He did do one great, flat cross to create a headed chance for Mackie, but overall he looks a liability every game for me, can’t defend one on one, can’t read the ball in the air, no pace.
Disagree. I thought he was very good against one of the best wingers in the league.
Hanson to me looks a very decent full back

Thought overall we played quitewell, performance not slick enough for us to be a playoffs team but we’ve held our own against some off the top teams in the league, obviously just need to stick the ball into the back of the net with the chances we create, also the ref had a really good game for Sunderland, one of their best performers.

Over the 2 games v Sunderland I thought that we were a bit unfortunate to come away with only the two points.
I thought that Barnsley look a much better team and even Pompey looked better (especially at their place)
They appeared to target Browne at the SOL and yesterday took out Whyte 2 to 3 times.
We have certainly scrapped in the last few games and at times have played some good football.
If we put in the same effort for the rest of the season we really should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom