Away Match Build Up 09/01/2024: BSMT - AFC Wimbledon vs OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpy

Staff member
Hard not to think we should be playing the kids for this given our injury list, those that aren't injured are shagged.

Play the kids, pay the fine.

Here endeth my interest*

*unless...... Wembley etc. :)

That seems a good idea, protecting the club from further uncertainty. Hopefully we have similar for the likes of Fin Stevens.

REF WATCH

F7EGljiWsAAA7jX

Nottinghamshire based Police Officer Declan Bourne is tomorrow night’s referee at Wimbledon.
His last U’s fixture was the 3-2 win at Leyton Orient on November 11th.

That seems a good idea, protecting the club from further uncertainty. Hopefully we have similar for the likes of Fin Stevens.
seems logical ... not that any form of logic appears to be applied involving ANY OUFC contractual dealings though

This is genuinely a case of scratching around to find eleven fit players whilst resting enough of the first team as possible.

I would go something like:

Eastwood
Smyth Moore Thornily Bennett
McEachran Gorrin
Henry Bodin Woltman
GOD

With McGinty, Leigh (if the medical team think that 15-20 minutes at the end would be helpful for him) and a bunch of kids on the bench.

(assuming Gorrin is still available.....I think he is still here, and was just in talks with FGR?)

Most of that XI is not first choice any more, and those that are - or are close - have not had too many minutes lately. The exception is Bennett, but it looks like Leigh is soon going to be back and taking over at LB again.......

This is genuinely a case of scratching around to find eleven fit players whilst resting enough of the first team as possible.

Eastwood
McEachran Gorrin
Henry Bodin Woltman
GOD

With McGinty, Leigh (if the medical team think that 15-20 minutes at the end would be helpful for him) and a bunch of kids on the bench.

(assuming Gorrin is still available.....I think he is still here, and was just in talks with FGR?)

Most of that XI is not first choice any more, and those that are - or are close - have not had too many minutes lately. The exception is Bennett, but it looks like Leigh is soon going to be back and taking over at LB again.......
I'd swap McGinty in and try and leave Moore out if possible, also unlikely to see Gorrin if reports are correct that he is gone.

Eastwood
McEachran Gorrin
Henry Bodin Woltman
GOD

Don’t we have any kids who are fit, any good, and not 15 and 135 days? We seem to be missing a year or two’s worth.

Elliott-Wheeler, Golding, Griffiths, McIntyre, Took-Oxley, and Woltman were all name checked as likely to be involved in the squad by Des in his pre-match interview on ifollow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom