Away Match Day Thread 09/01/2024: BSMT - AFC Wimbledon vs OUFC

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, there was very little real intention to win that match. Probably the weakest team that the competition rules allowed us to field and then the remaining "star" players getting hooked at half time. I guess the plan was to score first and then see it out or go for penalties - and tbf, twas only a bit of brilliance from the wombles keeper that stopped us from doing so.

Good to see the young players get a run but the general malaise that seemed to set in after the second goal didn't really let them show off their talents.

Almost a pity Eastwood isn't suspended for the weekend, as maybe if he were we'd get cracking on sealing the move for the new keeper.

Not sure what Des meant when he said about the appointment of Chris Hackett as his number two “it’s something that we’ve probably gone a bit early with” & “in terms of what that looks like and how we’ll work together, we’re still talking through that, it’ll be a lot clearer come the weekend”.
Sounds to me like the announcement was a bit of a surprise to Des.

This was not the World Cup Final.

90 plus minutes of watching squad dregs passing the football across and back in front of a bunch of orcs.

Thorniley being simply run past for by the first goal. The first time AFC got in our half.

The left side of the defence being simply run past for the second goal. The second time they got in our half.

45 minutes of hearing a supporter wax lyrical about her weekend in the north east watching Newcastle in the Cup while casually slagging off O’Donkor.

Last time I visited Plough Lane , Gary Shelton scored, game took place on my stag weekend

Tonight was memorable for a different reason. It was horrible 😏

Predict we won’t be seeing many of the team that finished the game again. Hope I’m not being too hopeful.

That was a depressing watch , Tyler , Golding and especially Josh M first half done ok/ decent.
God was OK outside the box , Woltman showed a bit ,Richard Macintyre looked decent.
The rest ...well ....poor . Slow , too many touches , you many backwards / sideways passes .
Awful defending for both goals .
Time to get a few players in and win at Carlisle.

Point taken. But he’s not a very good keeper now.

But that is not his fault is it. Time moves on and physical abilities diminish, whether we like it or not.

People need to lay off him. He is still employed by the club and is being asked to do a job, albeit under poor circumstances. If anyone is to be criticised, aim it at the board.

He is only human and he is more than likely feeling under a lot of pressure, so perhaps people just need to think about that when they go in to work tomorrow, probably lucky enough to be facing less scrutiny and criticism.

He has been a good servant for this club and people need to show some respect and more importantly some support.

God knows what sort of stress he may be under at the moment.

But that is not his fault is it. Time moves on and physical abilities diminish, whether we like it or not.

People need to lay off him. He is still employed by the club and is being asked to do a job, albeit under poor circumstances. If anyone is to be criticised, aim it at the board.

He is only human and he is more than likely feeling under a lot of pressure, so perhaps people just need to think about that when they go in to work tomorrow, probably lucky enough to be facing less scrutiny and criticism.

He has been a good servant for this club and people need to show some respect and more importantly some support.

Well said

There’s every reason why mcginty should have played.
I really thought McGinty would start tonight. I thought they’d protect Eastwood just in case we didn’t sign a new keeper before Carlisle.

They must think McGinty is a long way off what is required.

Des has confirmed that Eastwood is ok to start on Saturday.

Doesn’t really sound too bothered about tonight. Says that with the lack of players it was about protecting as many first choice players as possible.

Maybe one in for Saturday but doesn’t want to make any promises
He’s already started talking BS try ought he had two in conversation. Will either be a striker because there none in show tonight

I don’t think people saying he is not good enough anymore is quite the war crime you are making it out to be.

Also pretty certain some people have more stressful jobs than being a league one reserve goalie who has actually had to play some games. Not me, my jobs like the cushy one Eastwood has had for most of this season sitting on the bench, but we probably have the odd person with a proper job on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom