Away Match Day Thread +++ 07/07/19 PSF: - Glasgow Rangers v OUFC MDT +++

Christ, even Celtic fans would be embarrassed using that patter.

Anyway how does it feel to watch your team getting humped by a club only a few years old? ?

Oh it’s terrible, think I’ll go and hang myself. It obviously means more to you than it does to us fella.

I think it's safe to say that was a game where a lack of a striker really made no difference...it was another Man city only in a psf.
they were 2-3 gears ahead of us but it was a decent workout i guess

Anyway how does it feel to watch your team getting humped by a club only a few years old? ?

Er what are you doing on here you sad person and I’m saying person as you may well be a woman

I forgot how depressing match day threads are!!!! I look forward to hearing how Oxford City are a backward step, how we should be playing such easy games at this stage of the season and that Sam Long might have scored 5, but the diving header from the halfway line was lucky and he'll never make it at right back!!!!

The 4 U23's you mentioned were 4 of the better players on the pitch. Allardyce and Jones had better cameos then Long did and Lopes and Lofthouse showed glimpses of promise against rangers strongest side.
Fair points from you and Beyondthefourth. I suppose the way the squad is at the moment I was hoping that they’d all look totally first team ready. But that’s unrealistic and unfair on them at their stage of development. Good enough to be in the squad and play their part as subs when needed but not as week in week out starters just yet.

League Cup (three times), Community Shield, UEFA Cup, Super Cup, PFA Player of the Year, PFA Young Player of the Year, UEFA Footballer of the Year etc.
...but not the premier league title :sneaky:

We have been humped by plenty of clubs like yours that haven’t existed for long, you have joined the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Histon etc.

We have been humped by plenty of clubs like yours that haven’t existed for long, you have joined the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood, Histon etc.

Don't make an a**e of yourself, it's embarrassing for of U's fans

Imo I think Jones looked a lot better than Mousinho in the short space of time he was on the pitch, i think he will be the better back up. He looks more astute on the ball and his diagonal to the right back was superb. the problem with a partnership of him and dickie is a lack of pace, added with the fact long and ruffles are not the quickest. Therefore, we are prone to conceding on counter attacks and the run in behind (which happened today). I think what was shown is long isn't a centre back, he has too much time to think on the ball and too much responsibility in the middle where as he acts as an old fashioned right back and it works. However, I do wish our wing backs stopped the cross, so frustrating when they give the opposition winger space to whip a ball in.

First impressions of Gorrin and Fosu, the former looked to have legs and was everywhere and played the simple ball well, alongside that he was aggressive. I think it will be more telling how good he will fit in after a few more games. Fosu looked dangerous and reminded me funnily enough of graham towards the latter end of last season by trying to beat his man more than one occasion and then not having the end product. I prefer sykes to henry.

It is glaringly obvious we need a striker, no hold up play at all. Apart from napa being more fortunate than planned. We need someone to hold up and then get on the end of the crosses. I like the idea of whyte/napa as strikers/playing in the middle but time and a place and today felt like we needed a hold up man. I would say sam surridge would be my pick on a permanent transfer, possibly baldock (Sam) as people have mentioned.

Youngsters should be given the chance this season, loft house looked like he can beat a man and semi dangerous. Lopes i expect him to be in the first team all season, looks like he can play at the level and has the right build and physique. I think we need a CB, pacy wing back and definitely a striker.

Imo I think Jones looked a lot better than Mousinho in the short space of time he was on the pitch, i think he will be the better back up. He looks more astute on the ball and his diagonal to the right back was superb. the problem with a partnership of him and dickie is a lack of pace, added with the fact long and ruffles are not the quickest. Therefore, we are prone to conceding on counter attacks and the run in behind (which happened today). I think what was shown is long isn't a centre back, he has too much time to think on the ball and too much responsibility in the middle where as he acts as an old fashioned right back and it works. However, I do wish our wing backs stopped the cross, so frustrating when they give the opposition winger space to whip a ball in.

First impressions of Gorrin and Fosu, the former looked to have legs and was everywhere and played the simple ball well, alongside that he was aggressive. I think it will be more telling how good he will fit in after a few more games. Fosu looked dangerous and reminded me funnily enough of graham towards the latter end of last season by trying to beat his man more than one occasion and then not having the end product. I prefer sykes to henry.

It is glaringly obvious we need a striker, no hold up play at all. Apart from napa being more fortunate than planned. We need someone to hold up and then get on the end of the crosses. I like the idea of whyte/napa as strikers/playing in the middle but time and a place and today felt like we needed a hold up man. I would say sam surridge would be my pick on a permanent transfer, possibly baldock (Sam) as people have mentioned.

Youngsters should be given the chance this season, loft house looked like he can beat a man and semi dangerous. Lopes i expect him to be in the first team all season, looks like he can play at the level and has the right build and physique. I think we need a CB, pacy wing back and definitely a striker.
decent over view that ^

Call it a run out. As many have said (Since June). We need some good defenders and a striker that can hold the ball up.

Back
Top Bottom