Home Match Day Thread 06/03/2021 L1 OUFC v Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating game!

Stevens pulled off some good saves, topped off by a great penalty save, earning a hard fought point.

Forde was excellent, such a versatile player, and very unlucky not to score with a great shot that hit the post.

Hanson had a great game, got stuck in with a hard as nails display, Mad Dog would've been proud. MOTM

Agyei was excellent, a constant nuisance and always trying to make things happen, but lack of game time showed as he faded before coming off.

Kelly had a chance to stake a claim for a starting place today, but was pretty ineffective.

Shodipo yet again offered very little, other than tracking back well a couple of times, and a couple of half decent passes, desperately needs some basic ball control training.

Brannagan did a lot of running, but was pretty ineffective, after a more positive game in midweek, needs a goal and a MOTM display to regain his spark and mojo.

Gorrin was his usual self, doing the simple dirty work well, and tried to use the ball more positively than on Tuesday, and miraculously avoided getting booked!

Moore was solid and composed, again.

Atkinson had a good game defensively, but got caught out high up the pitch, which nearly cost us, and it nearly happened again a couple more times, although it's good when it works, it has it's risks, and he needs to be a bit more selective and clever with his runs out of defence.

Ruffels had another tough 90 mins, but stood up to the task, and got forward well when he could, thankfully the worrying shoulder injury turned out to nothing.

Barker put in his usual display, showing a couple of flashes of quality, but poor decision making, and final balls not good enough.

Another frustrating game, we just don't seem to be creating any clear cut chances, and don't look like scoring at the moment.
A shame we couldn't get the win for Mickey, but we got stuck in, and showed guts and desire, and didn't give up, which I'm sure would've made him proud.

Let's smash the scum on Tuesday for him instead!

COYY

Last edited:
Frustrating game!

Stevens pulled off some good saves, topped off by a great penalty save, earning a hard fought point.

Forde was excellent, such a versatile player, and very unlucky not to score with a great shot that hit the post.

Hanson had a great game, got stuck in with a hard as nails display, Mad Dog would've been proud. MOTM

Agyei was excellent, a constant nuisance and always trying to make things happen, but lack of game time showed as he faded before coming off.

Kelly had a chance to stake a claim for a starting place today, but was pretty ineffective.

Shodipo yet again offered very little, other than tracking back well a couple of times, and a couple of half decent passes, desperately needs some basic ball control training.

Brannagan did a lot of running, was pretty ineffective, after a more positive game in midweek, needs a goal and a MOTM display to regain his spark and mojo.

Gorrin was his usual self, doing the simple dirty work well, and tried to use the more positively than on Tuesday, and miraculously avoided getting booked!

Moore was solid and composed, again.

Atkinson had a good game defensively, but got caught out high up the pitch, which nearly cost us, and it nearly happened again a couple more times, although it's good when it works, it has it's risks, and he needs to be a bit more selective and clever with his runs out of defence.

Ruffels had another tough 90 mins, but stood up to the task, and got forward well when he could, thankfully the worrying shoulder injury turned out to nothing.

Barker put in his usual display, showing a couple of flashes of quality, but poor decision making, and final balls not good enough.

Another frustrating game, we just don't seem to be creating any clear cut chances, and don't look like scoring at the moment.
A shame we couldn't get the win for Mickey, but we got stuck in, and showed guts and desire, and didn't give up, which I'm sure would've made him proud.

Let's smash the scum on Tuesday for him instead!

COYY
Hanson unlucky not to be named MOM but Forde did shaded it

Firstly, RIP Mad Dog. Very sad news.

Now for the game:

- A decent game to watch. We looked like we were getting some confidence back.

- Anthony Forde was very good today and just MotM for me. And so, so unlucky with hitting the post, when we were on our winning run it would've gone in.

- Dan Agyei did well today especially with the treatment, on and off the ball, he got from both centre-halves that the Ref didn't do much about. Agyei has earnt another chance but it won't be Tuesday.

- Jamie Hanson was good today. Some lovely On a personal level for him, I hope he isn't injured, or at least not serious, as whenever he has a good game, after getting a chance he seems to get injured.

- Everybody had decent games and we started to pass it around like we did when playing well. I will also single out Liam Kelly as I thought he did a decent job today.

- Not a penalty or we should have had one for Shodipo as it was pretty much identical. Overall a weak Ref imo due to his inability to deal with the shithousery of Charlton who exploited that weakness to the maximum. We failed to exploit the Ref's weakness on shithousery as we didn't press him much at all, especially when Aneke caught Atkinson with his arm. We could do with Mackie in the dressing room getting on players to shithouse in games.

- Congratulations to Leon Chambers-Parillon on his league debut.

I think Kelly did ok. He can at least pick a good forward pass
I know the whole 'Kelly does the things off the ball the average fan doesn't appreciate' trope is annoying (even if it might be true!), but it really felt like we had more control of the midfield today with him in there - even though he himself rarely did anything that caught the eye.

I know the whole 'Kelly does the things off the ball the average fan doesn't appreciate' trope is annoying (even if it might be true!), but it really felt like we had more control of the midfield today with him in there - even though he himself rarely did anything that caught the eye.

I thought it was more the fact Charlton's midfield wasn't much better than ours so we didn't get over run. Kelly doesn't offer anything for me he would be the first I would send back in June.

I thought it was more the fact Charlton's midfield wasn't much better than ours so we didn't get over run. Kelly doesn't offer anything for me he would be the first I would send back in June.

You really don't like him, do you? Can't give him any credit whatsoever! Charlton are in the play off battle as well by the way.

Such a positive bunch 🙄

Trying to remain positive, honest 😁

Just feel the signs after the past 5 games are not looking favourable and we will just fall short.

Having said that, we went on a great run after our previous Swindon encounter, so maybe Tuesday is exactly what we need 🙏

Goals have been lacking of late ...saving them up for tues night I hope

You really don't like him, do you? Can't give him any credit whatsoever! Charlton are in the play off battle as well by the way.

I don't think he's good enough to wear an Oxford shirt but then he's not the only one. We can do better in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom