• Charlton Athletic

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want 6 but would settle for 4 points from the next 2 games all things considered.

Have to admit i was more upset with the injury news on Tuesday than i was happy with the display and result v Peterborough.

Good news about Lee being back soon, we are going to need him, hope its not a rush job that backfires but at this stage
of the season i can see why KR would want to get him in asap IF thats the case.

Re Barker, i gave him a hard time after the MK game but fair play, i thought he did his job on tuesday and looked more of a team
player than in recent matches, if he had scored or assisted with that chance i imagine we would still be purring.

Bit worried that if we dont win on Saturday thats going to ramp up the pressure in a negative way for the game on Tuesday, we
don`t need that, so i`m going for a 3-1 win and the shackles coming off just at the right time.

A booking for Gorrin means he misses Tuesday! I’d take a point in this but we have to win Tuesday.

Stevens

Forde Moore Atkinson Ruffels

Sykes Kelly Brannagan

Aygei Taylor Shodipo

Eastwood, McNally, Grayson, Gorrin, Hanson, Hall, Barker

Injuries: Winnall, Henry, McGuane, Lee, Long

4-2-3-1: Stevens; Forde, Moore, Atkinson, Ruffels; Brannagan, Gorrin; Barker, Sykes, Shodipo; Taylor.

Not a fan of Sykes in a midfield 3. Too easily dominated. Rather put the handbrake on Brannagan and have two sitting. Prefer Forde to Hanson at right back. Agyei or Taylor up front but don’t trust Agyei out wide, can think of Posh away and Gills away off the top of my head where he let full backs run off him and cost us.

Positive that missing 5 or 6 players, we can put a team out as strong as this and still be debating options around it.

• React
Reactions: m
Changed my mind!

Stevens
Hanson Gorrin
Sykes Kelly Brannagan
Agyei

SUBS: Taylor, Barker, Shodipo, Hall, Chambers-Parillon, Grayson, Eastwood

Feel Forde will be the better option at RB as he'll offer a lot more going forwards, and Hanson will probably be more comfortable sitting alongside Gorrin anyway.

The injuries are mounting up and are threatening to derail our push for the playoffs, so lets make ourselves hard to beat, and pick up as many points as we can while we wait for players to return.

Starting with 3 points tomorrow!

COYY

We've got more than enough in the tank to beat an uninspiring Charlton, with a manager under pressure. A must win game to keep up the pressure for the play offs, considering the results recently

I’m sticking with 0-0 but I can see us putting 3 or 4 past a team soon we are unpredictable at the moment we’ve got plenty of injuries at the moment our season has kinda paused in our quest to get in the play off I just hope the lads battle like they did on Tuesday then there will be no complaints from me

4-2-3-1: Stevens; Forde, Moore, Atkinson, Ruffels; Brannagan, Gorrin; Barker, Sykes, Shodipo; Taylor.

Not a fan of Sykes in a midfield 3. Too easily dominated. Rather put the handbrake on Brannagan and have two sitting. Prefer Forde to Hanson at right back. Agyei or Taylor up front but don’t trust Agyei out wide, can think of Posh away and Gills away off the top of my head where he let full backs run off him and cost us.

Positive that missing 5 or 6 players, we can put a team out as strong as this and still be debating options around it.

Little confused - you don't want Sykes in the midfield 3, so you're playing him in a more forward #10 role, and only going with a midfield two? Certainly aggressive!

I think I would be a bit more circumspect, and play either Kelly in the centre, or Forde with Hanson playing at RB. With our forwards struggling for form, I want a midfield that can move it around and retain possession confidently.

Think I would go with:

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Sykes Agyei Barker

Little confused - you don't want Sykes in the midfield 3, so you're playing him in a more forward #10 role, and only going with a midfield two? Certainly aggressive!

I think I would be a bit more circumspect, and play either Kelly in the centre, or Forde with Hanson playing at RB. With our forwards struggling for form, I want a midfield that can move it around and retain possession confidently.

Think I would go with:

Stevens
Gorrin
Kelly Brannagan
Sykes Agyei Barker

It sounded more conservative in my head! I think Sykes is a bit of a luxury player and there’s a danger to having someone like that in central midfield. Playing the two and asking Brannagan to play deeper clarifies roles and gives Sykes a bit more freedom. Think it’s the same with Kelly to a lesser extent. Ideally we’d have a McGuane whos physical and can play in a 3, but without someone like that I think we’re scratching around to get the balance right in the middle.

It sounded more conservative in my head! I think Sykes is a bit of a luxury player and there’s a danger to having someone like that in central midfield. Playing the two and asking Brannagan to play deeper clarifies roles and gives Sykes a bit more freedom. Think it’s the same with Kelly to a lesser extent. Ideally we’d have a McGuane whos physical and can play in a 3, but without someone like that I think we’re scratching around to get the balance right in the middle.

Oh, I agree that without McGuane - who was the ideal fit - and now without Lee & Henry, who were other possibilities, we don't really have any good candidates to play that advanced central midfield role.

But I think Sykes is better out wide, so using Kelly or Forde in the middle instead makes the most sense for me.

I've said it before, but although I'm sure this makes me a footballing neanderthal who's stuck in the old ways, still living in 1995/96, and who deserves to be laughed out of tactical discussions.....I do think that the personnel we have available would be better suited to a classical 4-4-2. It will never happen in a million years, but I would like the look of:

Stevens
Sykes Gorrin Brannagan Barker
Taylor Agyei

Well that would give us a chance of Gorrin having a forward pass on if Brannagan pushed up the field.

If Gorrin starts and we’re in control and winning maybe replace him so he can play against the scum in n Tuesday although I think he would be banned for the next game after the scum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom