Away Match Build Up 06/01/2024: FAC R3 Cov City vs OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokeu

Spurs, Arsenal , Villa or Salford United away please.

Odd that on the day tickets are cash only when the arena itself claims to be cashless...

Coventry City predicting a gate of around 14,500 so plenty of space for more U’s fans Paying on the day.

Slightly surprised (in a good way) but it is being streamed on ESPN+ here - they are streaming all five of the early kickoffs on Saturday (even though you would have thought that the vast majority of neutrals will want to watch Sunderland vs. Newcastle?).

So us US exiles will be able to watch, and you should be able to find a stream somewhere back home......
Hi how can I watch this don’t mind paying normally us IFollow, I have Sky but no dodgy stick?

FROM THE ARCHIVES

February 13th 1982

Highfield Road - FA Cup round 5

Roy Burton catches the ball under pressure from big Coventry striker Mark Hateley.

DzRi7ntX0AA14g9

Anyone without an advance ticket , there is pay on the day available at Coventry tomorrow- though it is CASH ONLY

I thought it was more like 7500. We had about 3/4 of the side. Definitely over 4500 as I counted 5000 seats on the pitchside.
That day there was Coventry at one end of the main stand. As you say, 3/4 of the stand Oxford and to our right, ¼ Coventry. Unsurprisingly it kicked off at half-time with virtually non-existent segregation (carried on the theme for that day). Ground back then I think was circa 22,000 and all ticket. Didn’t realise Roy Burton was still playing back then (legend).

Nothing to be proud of.
Let’s be clear here - no one from Coventry was complaining that day. They were well up for our visit, before, during, and after! May have been surprised by the numbers we brought, but enjoyed the day in equal measure! Times have moved on and few would want us to go back to such, but that was part and parcel of going to football back then, and it is therefore part of our history.

Last edited:
Let’s be clear here - no one from Coventry was complaining that day. They were well up for tour visit, before, during, and after! Times have moved on and few would want us to go back to such, but that was part and parcel of going to football back then, and it is therefore part of our history.
So all 22,000 were happy to fight eachother that day then?

Hi how can I watch this don’t mind paying normally us IFollow, I have Sky but no dodgy stick?

Yeah, iFollow don't have the rights to the FA Cup games, because the FA sell them off country by country.

For the first two rounds, that meant we were all out of luck in terms of watching the game; but in Round 3, most of the international broadcast partners are showing every game (certainly ESPN+ are in the US, and Chuckbert said that Paramount+ have it on in Oz).

What this means is that there's not going to be any official way of watching the game live online in the UK, even if you're willing to pay. But all of the more unofficial streaming sites will likely have feeds (you'll just have to click through a couple of dubious ads to get to them).
Best bet is to come on the Matchday thread five minutes before kickoff, and I'm sure someone will be posting the best available ones.

'
(Course, we can argue about the logic of a system whereby I can watch the game perfect legally in New Jersey, Otto can in Texas and Chuckbert in Perth.....whilst someone sitting in Oxford has to scrabble about to find a dodgy stream. Such is the weird world we live in.......)

Saw a note somewhere about free on street parking. Does anyone know which streets?

I got kicked to the ground by some skinheads that day in 1982.

A very nasty atmosphere in the Ghost Town.

Hateley 2 Thompson 2 Ox 0 didn’t help either.

Let’s be having you Des.

Just go to the fawanews.com website. Streams do not begin early, normally just 4 or 3 minutes before KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom