Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/01/2019 Brentford v OUFC (FACR3) Match Day Thread +++

Play well & the result comes second. Play crap (with new players in) & surely the Chairman has to act before Tuesday's meaningless Cup match.

Good to see that the cavalry has arrived with Baptiste, Sykes and Graham. The quality of the bench will allow us to make some positive changes and hopefully rest up the likes of Browne and Whyte in the next few games.

Good to see that the cavalry has arrived with Baptiste, Sykes and Graham. The quality of the bench will allow us to make some positive changes and hopefully rest up the likes of Browne and Whyte in the next few games.

I'd like to see all 3 feature today to freshen up a jaded OUFC first team that seems bereft of ideas, progress in the fa cup would boost confidence.....concern is that the club (according to the M.D. in a rare actual reply to a question) appear to 'prefer ' the meaningless (unless a place in the final is achieved) competition ... next round v cheltenham...to proper cup competitions such as fa cup and league cup.... heres hoping the players selected today put in a proper shift, unlike in the last 3 league games!

On the train to Clapham. Its flippin' freezing. Let's hope for a hot performance with goals from Sykes, Ruffels and Henry in a 3-1 upset.

Graham and Sykes, you would think. Very risky to start Baptiste after ages out?
That said, changes were needed and changes we will get.
I think it'll go to a replay...1-1.

I would imagine Baptiste will be on the bench. So who goes out for Graham and Sykes? I guess Sykes fits into Brannagan’s slot.

Last edited:
On the train to Clapham. Its flippin' freezing. Let's hope for a hot performance with goals from Sykes, Ruffels and Henry in a 3-1 upset.
We've just got the train from Clapham, a few yellows on the same train. All looking a little glum! Well, we are looking forward to a splendid day out!

LRC coaches (all 5 of them!) pulling into Griffin Park shortly. Just about time for a quick pint at the Globe, hopefully.

Sykes hasn’t got international clearence, should be involved on Saturday. Looks like a good team, Browne moved into the middle. COYY

Good to see Shando back on the bench today. With him coming in and Sykes joining the club, it looks like we've got some decent bodies in the middle of the park.

Seems we're returning to the 4231 KR preferred at the beginning of the year. You have to say, if they can click, that three behind Mackie could be unbelievable, one of the best attacking units in the league.

Back
Top Bottom